Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The 2019 Superbowl is history. Patriots won 13-3 and our pool winners were:
1Q - Robert Mitchell (MrPukaShell)
2Q - Brad Wardman (RBCarving)
3Q and 4Q - Ron Robbins (brownsfn2)

The final grid showing the results is attached to this post.

I have sent a message to all players with the address that you need to ship your blanks to. Please try to ship your blanks this week if at all possible. If you cannot ship this week, please let me know when you will be able to ship.

Congratulations to our winners and thanks to all for playing. Special thanks to Ernie & Mark for the running commentary. That always adds a lot of interest to the game.

Edgar

Attachments

• 2019 SB pool grid-Final.jpeg
    2019 SB pool grid-Final.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 262

greenacres2

Congratulations to the Winners!! And THANK YOU to Edgar for his Quarterbacking the game!!

Now...to find a double dose of blanks to send to a guy who turns abalone into art...I'll gather some up tonight Ron, hope i can find something worthy!!

earl

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Congrats to the winners. Be sure to post pictures of you winnings so we can all be jealous.:eek:
Put my blanks in the mail this morning.

greenacres2

@brownsfn2 ...

Ron--i rummaged through the BORG this afternoon and found a 2 x 4 made of virgin white wood, and it was straight enough to get a full dozen 5/8" square blanks out of. You'll only have to work around a few knots. Best news is that with virgin white wood construction lumber there is no noticeable grain to distract from the FunLine hardware. I think you'll be pleased!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

earl

brownsfn2

@brownsfn2 ...

Ron--i rummaged through the BORG this afternoon and found a 2 x 4 made of virgin white wood, and it was straight enough to get a full dozen 5/8" square blanks out of. You'll only have to work around a few knots. Best news is that with virgin white wood construction lumber there is no noticeable grain to distract from the FunLine hardware. I think you'll be pleased!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

earl

Lol. :)

Herb G

I'm going to need a couple of days before I can ship my blanks out.
I am getting over the flu & it's darn near killed me this year.
I have been sick as a dog for over 2 weeks.
I apologize for the delay, but it is unavoidable.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm going to need a couple of days before I can ship my blanks out.
I am getting over the flu & it's darn near killed me this year.
I have been sick as a dog for over 2 weeks.
I apologize for the delay, but it is unavoidable.

No problem, Herb. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

chartle

Ok I rarely send anything through the post office. Without me doing a ton of research is a flat rate box the best deal?

I think last year I used my own padded envelope and somehow I think it was more.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ok I rarely send anything through the post office. Without me doing a ton of research is a flat rate box the best deal?

I think last year I used my own padded envelope and somehow I think it was more.

If you put a small flat rate box into a flat rate envelope, you can ship it via paypal for $6.95. That's the cheapest way I've found for shipping as many as 20-25 blanks.

You could just pack them directly into a flat rate envelope, but I like to use the box inside the envelope to give a little more rigidity and stability to the package. Sometimes I also cram a few blanks into the envelope on the sides & top of the box.

TAPE IT WELL - DAMHIKT!

Dehn0045

If your post office stocks the flat rate padded envelopes you can get a bit more (or longer pieces), they ship for $8, but can be hard to find (USPS will ship you a box of 10 for free, but it takes like 3 weeks to get for some unknown reason).

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If your post office stocks the flat rate padded envelopes you can get a bit more (or longer pieces), they ship for $8, but can be hard to find (USPS will ship you a box of 10 for free, but it takes like 3 weeks to get for some unknown reason).

I have yet to find the padded envelopes in a post office, but I certainly haven't checked them all.

I keep a good supply of padded & regular envelopes and all sizes of shipping boxes on hand. You can order as many as you want from USPS for no charge.

I generally use the padded envelopes when shipping overseas. They charge the same amount for padded & regular envelopes for overseas shipment but a buck more for domestic - go figure.

Herb G

If you put a small flat rate box into a flat rate envelope, you can ship it via paypal for $6.95. That's the cheapest way I've found for shipping as many as 20-25 blanks.

Not any more. It's $7.50 now. The post office just raised their rates at the end of January. It's $8 if you don't use Paypal to ship it.
For a small flat rate box or padded envelope, take your pick.

MrPukaShell

If you guys want the padded Priority envelopes and can't find them locally you can order them. Go to USPS.Com, in the upper right there is a search button, type in EP14 PE-X and click the search. Follow the link and you can order them in 10 or 15 packs. They deliver them right to your door for free.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

Not any more. It's $7.50 now. The post office just raised their rates at the end of January. It's $8 if you don't use Paypal to ship it.
For a small flat rate box or padded envelope, take your pick.
I mailed my blanks on Monday in a SFRB in a Flat Rate Envelope, not a padded envelope, for $6.95 through PP.

brownsfn2

Guys. I can't thank you enough for what you have already sent. I promise I will post pictures. I know there are more on the way though. I hope I can post some pics next week.

Thanks again for all of the fun I am going to have with these. :)

flyitfast

Two boxes sent out today. Congrats to Brad (RBCarving) and Robert (MrPukaShell). Fun pool, Thanks Edgar. Maybe it will be funner next year if I get to win!!

Gordon

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks to all who made this possible. Ron my blanks were mailed yesterday in priority envelope, the postmaster said that was the best and that the envelope would hold up I sure hope she is right.

I agree with your postmaster. I usually pack blanks in a small flat rate box, then put that inside a flat rate envelope then tape it well with strapping tape both horizontally & vertically. The recipient will have to use a knife or scissor to open it, but there is little to no chance of damage in transit.

Top Bottom