2019 IAP Collection Displays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I am in the final stages of making the arrangements, but as of now, the IAP Collection will have 5 displays in 2019.

Three AAW Chapter Meetings

These were invited displays, and will include a presentation/discussion on the IAP Collection, and I will be doing a slideshow/demo on how I do my segmenting. Basically, IAP will consist of their entire meeting.

1. April 9: DelVal Turners, Moorestown, NJ.

2. April 10: 1st State Turners, Wilmington, DE.

3. April 16: Cape Atlantic Turners, Cape May, NJ.

Also:

4. April 26 - 27: 2019 MPG, Chicago, IL.

5. July 12 - 13: AAW International Symposium, Raleigh, NC.
(I will also be assisting with the Visually Impaired Woodturning Session)

I am trying to expand the exposure of the IAP Collection to the AAW Chapters as this is a nice opportunity to introduce IAP to other woodturners - many vastly talented, others beginners. I will have information available for how to join IAP for those interested.

I will use this thread to update any of these events. I will also make a thread in the IAP Collection Forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hasn't Jeff given you a travel budget so you can do the UK and perhaps OZ?:biggrin:

Shoot no! I'm still trying to hawk the Estate Blanks to get Jeff out of debt.

My wife and brother keep hinting on a trip to Scotland as they seem to think that there are some distilleries there. I keep telling them that they will need a chauffeur, chaperone, bail bondsman, etc... So there is still some hope. My wife doesn't get to go to Hazelwood anymore, so I lost out on that opportunity.

Timber Ripper

I am in the final stages of making the arrangements, but as of now, the IAP Collection will have 5 displays in 2019.

Three AAW Chapter Meetings

These were invited displays, and will include a presentation/discussion on the IAP Collection, and I will be doing a slideshow/demo on how I do my segmenting. Basically, IAP will consist of their entire meeting.

1. April 9: DelVal Turners, Moorestown, NJ.

2. April 10: 1st State Turners, Wilmington, DE.

3. April 16: Cape Atlantic Turners, Cape May, NJ.

Also:

4. April 26 - 27: 2019 MPG, Chicago, IL.

5. July 12 - 13: AAW International Symposium, Raleigh, NC.
(I will also be assisting with the Visually Impaired Woodturning Session)

I am trying to expand the exposure of the IAP Collection to the AAW Chapters as this is a nice opportunity to introduce IAP to other woodturners - many vastly talented, others beginners. I will have information available for how to join IAP for those interested.

I will use this thread to update any of these events. I will also make a thread in the IAP Collection Forum.

Hi Mark,
Does one need to be an AAW member in order to attend any of the meetings?
I am interested in attending the April 9th meeting in Moorestown NJ.
-Anthony

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Mark,
-Anthony

My experience at two Chapters in Ohio is that ALL visitors are welcome, especially in hopes that you will consider joining. So with confidence I believe you would be welcome. At times, if the chapter is paying an expensive international turner to do classes they sometimes ask for a small fee for non-members, but this is not the case here. But I will also check and post any information in this thread, so check back in a few weeks.

I will also be making a post to offer to have an informal "coffee shop/restaurant" get-together with any close by IAP members for a casual get-together. I'll keep you in mind for this also.

randyrls

Mark; That is the way our local club (Susquehanna Woodturners - Harrisburg PA) operates. When we have talented wood turners do a seminar, $20 for members to defray the costs, $30 for non-members. Breakfast and lunch included. Meeting nights are always "Y'all Come! and WELCOME"

Hi Mark,
-Anthony

My experience at two Chapters in Ohio is that ALL visitors are welcome, especially in hopes that you will consider joining. So with confidence I believe you would be welcome. At times, if the chapter is paying an expensive international turner to do classes they sometimes ask for a small fee for non-members, but this is not the case here.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark; That is the way our local club (Susquehanna Woodturners - Harrisburg PA) operates. When we have talented wood turners do a seminar, $20 for members to defray the costs, $30 for non-members. Breakfast and lunch included. Meeting nights are always "Y'all Come! and WELCOME"

Hi Mark,
-Anthony

My experience at two Chapters in Ohio is that ALL visitors are welcome, especially in hopes that you will consider joining. So with confidence I believe you would be welcome. At times, if the chapter is paying an expensive international turner to do classes they sometimes ask for a small fee for non-members, but this is not the case here.

Thanks Randy. I'll check with the three clubs and post here so IAP folks are aware of the specifics.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So, going to MPG but not SEPG?

I did a southern US road trip in 2017 with the IAP Collection, as well as the first FLGAPG.

I have no plans to attend the SEPG at this time. And I have no presence on Facebook, so am pretty out of the loop as for that event. And since I was on the MPG committee for three years, yes, I do follow their event.

Top Bottom