Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
THE 2018 IAP 9TH ANNUAL SUPERBOWL POOL

FEEL FREE TO BEGIN TRASH TALKING AT ANY TIME, ESPECIALLY
IF YOU THINK THE PATRIOTS NEED TO BE SQUASHED!!!​

SOME NOTES;
- I will NOT chase people who participate but "forget" to mail their blanks. Deadbeats WILL be publicly shamed. I strongly suggest that you pack up your blanks before game day and have them ready to ship on the 5th. No excuses - if you're kicking, you're shipping!
- Our IAP management committee is also invited to play, everyone likes a shot at some management blanks. (I'm in, so someone will get some nice Texas blanks.)
- A special invitation is made to our international friends. Now is your chance to be a part of real football.
- Do NOT enter if you are not willing to ship internationally.
- I know that some of our ladies are football fans, join in!
- If you are under 18, get your parents approval first, then take everyone's blanks.
- All of you folks who have metal lathes or do great castings, segmenting, etc. are invited - boy are you invited!

Attached are the results from last year. That will give anyone who is not familiar with this some insight into how it works. A complete explanation will be posted in the sign up post below this one.

Attachments

• 2017FinalGrid.jpg
    2017FinalGrid.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 632
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
SUPERBOWL POOL SIGNUPS!!!

Superbowl Pool – 2018 !!!!

Date: 2-4-18
Place: U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN
Time: 5:30 p.m. CST
Teams: Patriots vs Eagles

Sign-ups below on this thread
LIMITED TO THE FIRST 99 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP BELOW….PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EXPLANATION FIRST SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION….PM ME WITH ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS.

Here's your chance to win a few pen blanks from your closest IAP friends! ANYONE CAN WIN! There is absolutely no cost or previous experience required other than a desire to have some fun. Signing up is simple….just respond in this Superbowl thread that you want in !!!!!!

- Trashtalkin' is encouraged……
- International members are encouraged to play as well even though you play funny football
- Do NOT sign up if you are not willing to ship internationally.
- Previous winners are required to play to give everyone a chance to get their blanks back :)

**For those who are unfamiliar with football pools, here's an explanation of how it works…

IT'S VERY SIMPLE...

The BLANK grid is broken up into 100 squares (10 across by 10 high). Entrant's names are randomly drawn and placed into random squares. AFTER all the names are placed, numbers 0-9 are randomly drawn and placed across the top along with the name of one team, and again along the side in no particular order for the other team, somewhat like a scrambled multiplication table. At the end of the first quarter, if the score is 7 – 3, you go across the top to 7 for team A, then down the side to 3 for team B. Where that column and row intersect is the square with the winner's name. Only the last number of the score is used; ex. 21-14 would be square 1 and square 4.

Here are the rules
- Cost to play is zero other than a few blanks that you have laying around your shop and the cost of postage.
- Sign-ups will close when we reach 100 names or at Midnight CST on Feb 1, whichever comes first. Limit 1 square per person (unless we have less than 100 players by the deadline).
- Extra squares will be allowed only after everyone has had a chance to join in and there are still empty ones.
- Once we have everyone signed up, names will be randomly assigned to a square on the grid. Your personal square is yours for the entire game and enables you to win as an individual in any of the 4 quarters.
- Once all names have been assigned, another random drawing will take place to determine the numbers across the top and side.
- The entire grid is broken into 4 colors, each representing a different quarter of the game. The winner of each quarter will receive 4-5 blanks fro each of the people whose names appear in that particular color. History has shown that we have some very generous folks here.
- In the event that there is a scoreless quarter, the winner from the previous quarter will be carried over and win blanks from that group as well. It is possible that you could win pen blanks from 50 different people, or more!
- The 4th Quarter winner will be determined by the FINAL score of the game. If the game goes into overtime, the 4Q winner will be determined by the score at the end of the game rather than the end of the 4th Quarter.

- The completed grid will be posted prior to game day.
- We ask that all participants mail their blanks to the winners within 1 week of the end of the game or make arrangements with their winner. Having to chase or remind people to send their blanks is uncomfortable and awkward. Deadbeats WILL be publicly shamed. I suggest that you select and pack your blanks prior to game day.
- All winners are asked to post pictures of their winnings so the rest of us can drool

IMPORTANT NOTICES: IAP RULES
- In order to participate your public profile must contain your first name, place of residence and you must be readily available via PM or email.
- Only registered members are able to view this information.
- If you haven't followed through in a previous activity, don't enter this one. Mike Redburn will be checking entrants and will disqualify anyone who has failed to complete a previous activity.

Here is the link to last year's Superbowl Pool Thread to see how things went last year….http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/2017-superbowl-pool-145576/#post1898900

That's about it…….sign ups are now open !

NOTE: When you sign up, please indicate if you would like a second square. If we do not get 100 entries prior to the deadline, I will assign an additional square to those who are interested. Remember, if you have 2 squares, that means that you will have to ship two boxes of blanks.

Last edited:

hcpens

I am in for a second square if available, or a third - fourth - fifth.... but not six.

Last edited:

Dehn0045

count me in! I'll do a 2nd square if needed. As a Vikings fan I needed something to root for -- maybe both teams will lose and I will win some blanks!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I really need to get rid of some blanks!!! I'm in. (If I win, I will donate the blanks to the MPG). A second spot if needed is fine.

Mr Vic

I'll go this year. Will do double down if needed.

Not sure about real "Football". I'll put Pele up against Brady any time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom