2018 Superbowl Grid - Read 'em & Weep

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
OK Folks,

Here it is - the long-awaited 2018 Superbowl Pool Chart. I have attached the chart both as an Excel xlxs file and as a jpg file. Hopefully you can all view at least one of them, but let me know if you can't.

I checked everything twice, so I hope that there are no errors, but if you think you see a mistake, please let me know as soon as possible so I can investigate and try to correct it. No adjustments will be made after kickoff.

If you don't like your square, don't blame me - I had nothing to do with assigning the squares. Blame alunkulwiki7 (Doug), flyitfast (Gordon) or chartle (Cliff). :)

You can also thank them if you happen to like your square & I would like to thank them for helping me with this

I will explain how the grid was laid out and how the squares were chosen in another post. In the meantime, let the wailing & gnashing of teeth begin. :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• 2018 SB grid.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 2018 SB grid.jpg
    2018 SB grid.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 407

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
How the Grid was Generated

Here's how your square assignment was determined:

I asked Doug (alankulwicki7) to send me two randomized lists from 0-9 and call them Set 1 & Set 2.

I asked Gordon (flyitfast) to flip a coin to determine whether Set 1 or Set 2 went across the top - it was Set 1, so those are the column numbers. Set 2 is therefore the row numbers.

I also asked Gordon to flip a coin to determine if Patriots or Eagles goes on the top of the grid - it came up Patriots, so Eagles is on the left side.

I asked Doug to flip a coin to determine if the names would be placed in the grid L-R by rows or T-B by columns. It came up L-R.

I listed all the players 1-100 by your signup order as I reported in another post. I asked Cliff (chartle) to randomize the numbers 1-100. I used his randomized list to re-order the players accordingly. I then placed the reordered list into the grid L-R by rows.

Thanks again to Doug, Gordon & Cliff for helping with this. I believe this is a completely fair and impartial way to set up and fill out the grid, but let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for playing & good luck to all.

Pack up those blanks so you can mail them early next week! :)

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
How the Grid Works

In case you have not played our game before, here is a review of how the Grid Works.

Note that there are 4 quadrants of the grid, each in a different color.

The 25 players in the gray (lower left) quadrant will each send a box of blanks to the 1st Quarter winner.

The 25 players in the yellow (upper left) quadrant will each send a box of blanks to the 2nd Quarter winner.

The 25 players in the blue (upper right) quadrant will each send a box of blanks to the 3rd Quarter winner.

The 25 players in the beige (lower right) quadrant will each send a box of blanks to the 4th Quarter winner (which will be determined by the final score of the game).

The 4 winners will be determined by the last digit of the scores at the end of each quarter (or the end of the game in case of quarter 4). For example, if the score is Patriots 10 - Eagle 0 at the end of the first quarter, the winner for that quarter would be hcpens. In that example, hcpens is also a donor for the first quarter, so he obviously would not need to send himself a box of blanks.

Special Notes for those of you with 2 squares:
1. If both of your squares happen to be in the same quadrant, you do not need to send 2 boxes of blanks to your winner. Each player (square holder) is obligated to send at least 4 or 5 blanks to their winner. So, if you owe 2 sets of blanks to the same person, you can simply double up on the number of blanks you were planning to ship and pack them into the same box. That way you will only have to pay once for shipping.

2. If your 2 squares are in different quadrants, you will have to make two shipments (unless the same player happens to win both of your quarters, in which case see note 1 above).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for playing & have fun!
Edgar

Attachments

• 2018 SB grid.jpg
    2018 SB grid.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 223

Dehn0045

The upside to getting 2,2 and 2,3 is that I will only have to pay for shipping once :). Come on safeties!

Thanks for coordinating Edgar, this was quite an effort, if (when) I win you'll have some blanks headed your way :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
And the 1st Quarter Winner is Stumpy Thumb.

Everyone in the gray quadrant will send their blanks to Stumpy Thumb.

Congratulations (you do not have to send blanks to yourself unless you really just want to)!

Last edited:

chartle

I think I'm going to catch up on the commercials tomorrow. Little under the weather :thunder: and sitting and concentrating on anything on TV just isn't going to work so I'm about to glue the tube into my pretty wood pen entry.

Oh yea this is for Pittsburgh Dad, "Jessie James Caught that ball."

Top Bottom