2018 Summer Extravaganza Slimline Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Folks here we have the gold standard of pen contest.....The Slimline Contest. The Slimline Contest is what all the other pen contest want to be when they grow up. It's the contest all the contest chairmen wish they could run, if only they were better smarter, funnier, and better looking. And you my friends can be part of it. All you need to do is

1. Get yourself a slimline

2. You can do any type of modification to it. But it must be a slimline kit.

3. Submit your pen by emailing up to 3 photos to eborraga@gmail.com by August 19th.

4. 2 photo's are required. 1 photo showing each side of the pen.

Now for the lawyer mumbo jumbo:
Universal contest rules apply. Pens cannot have been or be shown in any public forum before contest is complete, blanks for this contest must be either commerically available or made by you where the work done by you represents the majority of the work required to create the blank. Contest may cause increased confidence and sexiness. Please consult your doctor if you're taking any other medication. Not responible for lost or stolen items.

"I don't always make pens, but when I do, I make Slimlines. Stay classy my friends." - The most interesting man in the world

This contest will start August first and all entries must be in by August 19th. After that I will post a poll for everyone to vote. That poll will be open for 3 days.

We're working on prizes right now. I'll post a list as we get them organized.

Prizes, Yes Real Prizes,
first Place Magic skew$90 from magic bob
second gc $50 robutacion
third whiskey blanks $30 jimm1
random glue $54 LarryC (if we have more than 5 entries)

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Cant remember what a slimline looks like? Two tubes are one too many? Head on over to the Simple Resin pen contest instead. Why work so hard on such a small pen anyway, its not like its a real pen. Here's where you find a real contest.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/simple-resin-blank-pen-contest-155732/

Disclaimer, (all contests are real pen contests even Ernie's)

Cwalker935

I can't wait for this one to start. I've already finished a pen that I am really happy with. I don't expect to win, but I want everyone to know that I am throwing some heat into this contest.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Contest is under way. Please pm me when you enter. That way i'm sure i have your entry

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have added the following prizes to the first post.
first skew 90 magic bob
second gc 50 robutacion
third whiskey blanks 30 jimm1
random glue 54 LarryC

EBorraga

In Memoriam
A few have asked. You only need to use 2 parts of the kit. Tube being one of them. Nib or Transmission being the 2nd.

Top Bottom