2018 Prize Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
American Association of Woodturners - One Year Membership Certificate
Bell Forest Products - One $100 Gift Card plus Coupons for SWAG Bags
Cook Woods - Four $25 Gift Certificates, 100 Oregon Myrtle Pen Blanks and 100 Brochures.
Custom Cast Blanks - Custom Cast Blanks (What else would you expect?)
Fastcap - Is providing a coupon code that will allow at least 100 attendees get $20 off an order from their website.
George's Bits of Timber - Prize Packs of Pen Blanks
Highland Woodworking - Certificate for Bandsaw Blade
Hobble Creek Craftsman - Custom Pen Blanks
JohnU - Hand Cast Custom Pen Blanks
Jonathon Brooks - Hand Cast Pen Blanks
Kallenshaan Woods - 25 Inlay Blank Sanding Mandrels
Lee Valley Tools - Two $50 Gift Cards
Little Machine Shop - $25 Gift Certificate
Mark James - Norseman SP-29P Fractional Drill Bits
Marla Mils - Custom Pen Blanks
Midwest Penturners Gathering - Nova Comet II Lathe with Chuck
Neil Lyons - Art Glass Pen Holders
Packard Woodworks - $20 Gift Certificate
​Rick's Custom Penturning Tools & Accesories - Two $50 Gift Certificates for catalog items
Rikon Tools - Pen Lathe and Slow Speed Grinder.
Robust Tools - Two $100 Gift Cards
Ron's Paua Abalone Blanks - Hand Cast Pen Blanks
Signature Pen Supply: Abalone Blanks and Kits
Sticker Me Timbers - Pen Blanks
​T​. Shadow & Company - Deluxe Magical Skew Package and One $100 Gift Certificate
Tim's Tool Crib - TBD
Tools for Working Wood - Miniature Skew Chisels by Ashley Iles - 1/4
West Penn Hardwoods - Big Box of Blanks
Woodcraft of Cleveland - Pen Press

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

I've started sending out emails and PMs. Prizes should start trickling in. I'll update the first post of this thread, as well as the website and FB page as I hear back from donors.

WF, please keep me informed as prizes arrive. This year I am going to try and have envelopes with address labels and stamps prepared to hand out with the prizes.

mbroberg

Magic,

One other request please.....

Can you sve return addresses? I don't always have addresses on the donors.

mbroberg

I have a spread sheet made with all the people contact when thy respond, what the pledge, etc. Let me get through it at least once and I'll send you both a copy. I am starting with the people that made a donation last year.

mbroberg

Nice! That will make it easy for me to create some address labels.

For what it is worth, here is what I am working off of. I haven't made it all the way through yet and I am making additions and subtractions as I go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Qub8OOEtvT71k0h_jz3lvpy1IbVb5rWfsuwJB2pVpw/edit?usp=sharing

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Nice! That will make it easy for me to create some address labels.

For what it is worth, here is what I am working off of. I haven't made it all the way through yet and I am making additions and subtractions as I go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Qub8OOEtvT71k0h_jz3lvpy1IbVb5rWfsuwJB2pVpw/edit?usp=sharing

I'm just starting to use (wife "Wifey's" tutoring) Google Docs. So I was able to access these.

D.mn nice spreadsheet Mike. Almost makes you look organized! :wink:

mbroberg

Paul Akers, owner of Fastcap has just informed me that he will provide a coupon code that will give at least 100 attendees $20 off an order from Fast Cap between 5/18 - 5/20. He will have stickers on the catalogs he is providing for the SWAG Bags that will have the code and instructions for using it. I think a $20 discount is pretty generous when looked at as a potential loss of profit of $2000.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have to go to Rochester, NY tomorrow, and have contacted folks at Turning Lumber - shipped directly to you.. They do have turning blanks, and pen blanks in their inventory. They are in Buffalo, and I have some flexibility in my plans.

They advertise in the AAW Journal, and have booths at some of the AAW shows. I'll feel them out for catalogs, coupons, freebies.

mbroberg

Every year since I started being the prize begger I have contacted J.R. Beall. I never hear anything from him. Today I got a UPS shipping notification that he sent a 19# package to Magic. I have no idea what it is. It should arrive tomorrow. It would be cool if it were several Pen Wizards, but will probably turn out to be catalogs.

Magicbob

Every year since I started being the prize begger I have contacted J.R. Beall. I never hear anything from him. Today I got a UPS shipping notification that he sent a 19# package to Magic. I have no idea what it is. It should arrive tomorrow. It would be cool if it were several Pen Wizards, but will probably turn out to be catalogs.

100 catalogs and a 82 deg. counter sink value $21.90

WF

Magicbob

OK, been a while sense I updated the forum.

Ricon send a lathe and low speed grinder
woodcraft Cleveland sent a pen press
West Penn Hardwoods sent a BOBOB (Big Ole Box Of Wood)
Tools For Woodworking sent a Mini-Skew

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last night I finished 4 sets to donate to the MPG Prizes: Knurl GT Chrome, bushings and tubed Chevron Blanks.

As of this Friday, I'll be in Washington Court House quite a bit; back and forth between there and Medina.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 90

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A couple more:

20 Wood Blanks received from: Joe Schneider(wood128).

10 Wood Blanks and 100 flyers from: Cleveland Tool and Cutter. (They are also distributing flyers for MPG on the checkout counter).

Top Bottom