2018 Meeting(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Real

I have been asked a couple of times already when the next meeting is. I would be happy to open up my shop and I am sure Woodcraft would be willing to help out.

I am putting this out as a topic starter. Let's see what we get.

Real Mercier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crayman

Real, I am always open to come to Springfield, pick a date and i will make it out there. Learned a lot from these meetings, thanks to all the member that have shown up and done demos.

vfauto

I have been asked a couple of times already when the next meeting is. I would be happy to open up my shop and I am sure Woodcraft would be willing to help out.

I am putting this out as a topic starter. Let's see what we get.

Real Mercier

Thanks Real, If I am in the area when you do it I will be there.

Frank

ripjack13

I have never been to a meeting. I'm curious to find out, and Springfield is only an hour away. How long would it last for? Is there anything in particular I would need to bring?

Real

Hi Alton:

Good to hear from you. It would be great if you could join us. I tried to set something up last year and only two people showed up. But I keep getting asked when the next meeting is.

Let's see if we can set something for April 8 or 15 (April 1 is Easter) and see what we get for a response. Would that work for you? And anybody else?

Real

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Real,
Right now that sounds workable. Maybe I can convince another Vermonter to do his easy CA application to simplify the process. I'll think of another demo I can do if we have the interest.
Alton

Bryguy

I'm interested in coming down to Springfield too. I'm in Peterborough, NH. Is any one interested in car pooling?

vfauto

Hi Alton:

Good to hear from you. It would be great if you could join us. I tried to set something up last year and only two people showed up. But I keep getting asked when the next meeting is.

Let's see if we can set something for April 8 or 15 (April 1 is Easter) and see what we get for a response. Would that work for you? And anybody else?

Real

Both sound good right now!

Real

I finally got a chance to drop in to the the local Woodcraft and speak to Steve Rice. We talked about an April 15 meeting and he is on-board. We still need to work out some details and hopefully he will chime in and we can get a discussion going on what want to see.

Please feel free to offer suggestions and comments.

Thanks
Real

DB in VT

April 15th

I'm liking this date. It's a 3 hour drive to Springfield(maybe longer coming home). Let's hope enough people can come to make the trip worthwhile.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
What demos do you all want to see. We have 1 CA demo and I can do it another way that is also easy. We are looking for ideas to make this a good meeting. Let's hear it and maybe a demo will happen.

Real

Back from a trip. Let's make it official.
April 15th is the date.
The location will be my shop. Woodcraft does not have the room. I spoke to Steve (Woodcraft) Yesterday.
Address is:
31 Lowell St.
West Springfield, MA 01089
Time: 12:00 PM till ???

We have offers for CA Finish demos.
I have a laser we can do something with.
Any other suggestions?

Real

Real

I spoke to Steve at Woodcraft recently and he is telling people about the meeting and he says a couple of people are interested. So hopefully a good meeting is coming together.

Please post if you interested in coming. The more people who come will make the meeting more interesting, and the more people who say they are will draw people who may be on the fence about coming.

ALL are Welcome.

Real

TheAcadian

Ah! Wish I'd seen this sooner. Bit of a haul from Mid Coast Maine, but I need to meet some of you guys! I won't be able to make this one, but hopefully we can do another one this summer. Maybe we can get Rockler in South Portland, Maine involved. If not, maybe a BBQ at my house/shop!

DB in VT

I'm up your way quite often. Rockler in So Portland is one of my go-to places. Where in Maine are you?

DB in VT

Hopefully you are on the near side of the bridge or you would never be able to get to work on time in Portland.
I had a customer in Wiscasset but he closed his store the end of last summer. Pass through there all the time with accounts in Boothbay area and farther along the coast.

Real

I have had a couple of people tell me they are planning on coming. Steve at Woodcraft says he has a couple of people interested also. Looks like it is shaping up nicely.

Any ideas for demos? Do you have something you can share? Tips and Tricks.
Meeting location:
31 Lowell St.
(Just down the road from the Woodcraft store)

Looking forward meeting you all.

Real

Real

I am hearing of more people coming. Looking good.

If you read this before coming, I have a limited number of chairs available. If you have a folding chair you can bring along, please do.

Thanks
Real

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
April 15th is the date.
The location will be my shop. Woodcraft does not have the room. I spoke to Steve (Woodcraft) Yesterday.
Address is:
31 Lowell St.
Time: 12:00 PM till ???

Real

I'd like to thank the guys that showed for the chapter meeting. Some old members and some new members. That made for some good conversation and we had a couple of very nice demos. The consensus seemed to be everybody enjoyed it. There was even discussion as to when to set another meeting.

I'd be happy to host again. September was thought to be a good time for the next meeting. Let us know what you think. Is that a good time? What would you like to see and could you demo?

I'll post a new thread soon to get the conversation started, but feel free to post here.

Thanks
Real

TheAcadian

Hopefully you are on the near side of the bridge or you would never be able to get to work on time in Portland.
I had a customer in Wiscasset but he closed his store the end of last summer. Pass through there all the time with accounts in Boothbay area and farther along the coast.

Thankfully, I'm on the near side! It's going to be interesting this summer, that's for sure. Trying to get some days to work from home.

What store did your customer run?

Top Bottom