2018 Birthday Bash Open Casting Contest Final Poll!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Please Vote for your Favorate

• Entry #8

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Entry #9

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Entry #10

Votes: 51 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

It's the final Vote for "2018 IAP's 14th Birthday Bash Open Casting Contest Poll".

This vote will decide who the Top Dog will be!

I know it's tough to decide but you only get 1 vote this time around.

Best of luck to our three finalists!

Entry 8

Steps: Rough-sanded acetone washed brass tubes. Coated them with alum, let dry for 8 hours. Marbled the tubes into a floating acrylic painting on top of methylcellulose-thickened distilled water. Rinsed them in distilled water, then dried the marbled tubes for 3 days. Adhered .6mm undrilled microbeads to the tubes under high magnification, using micro-forceps and Judikins Diamond Glaze. Dried them for 2 days. Applied a very thin layer of Judikins Diamond Glaze mixed with a tiny bitof cerulean blue mica powder. Dried them for 3 days. Cast them tube-in withDouglas and Sturgess Clear Polyester Casting Resin, 50psi. Cured the castingfor 1 week. Milled the ends. Lathe turned them. Sanded them on the lathe from400 grit up to 12,000 grit. Assembled the Virage Fountain Pen.

Entry 9

This pen is made from a mammoth tooth cast in polyester resin. The components used were cast from solid silver by Mike Redburn (mredburn). The mammoth tooth was cut tothe correct size, drilled, trimmed and then turned slightly under the bushings.Then it was cast in a polyester resin (I had to turn it down and re-cast it several times because of slight imperfections in the resin). After the resincured, the blanks were turned to the correct size, sanded, polished, buffed,and assembled. This was by far the most challenging pen I have ever made and I think it's my new favorite.

Entry 10

To create this pen I crinkled some Aluminum Foil Tape and wrap it around the tube, copperwire and armor plates were added to the ends to act as a border, more copperwire was then bent and shaped to form what I like to call windows in the center section of the tubes, before adding watch parts each window was painted adifferent color, I then cast the completed tubes in Polyester Resin. The blanks were then turned, sanded and polished before being assembled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

You have got to be kidding Mr. Vic !!!!!!

Just ONE vote? :confused::eek::confused: These are all winners and you should declare a tie!

Congrats to the finalist. These are all works of "natures art" :good::good::good:

Top Bottom