2017 Match The Pen To The Penmaker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the 2017 Pen / Penmaker Match-Up Contest. As the name implies, all contestants need to do is look at a photo of a pen and identify the member who made it from the list provided. Simple! For those of you who found last year's puzzle challenging I have some good news. I'll try not to make this year's edition any more challenging. In fact, since I am such a nice guy, I'm giving you five additional days to complete the puzzle. You're welcome! :wink:

Pictures can be from anywhere on the IAP. Nothing has been done to alter the appearance of any pen but orientation of the pen within the photo might have changed and photos may have been cropped.

In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, the contest rules are as follows:

Here is how this contest works. Photos of 100 pens and a list of 100 names are accessible by clicking the links below. Each of the pens pictured was made in 2016 by someone on the list and posted somewhere on the site during the year. It is possible that the pen was posted by someone other than the person who made it. We are looking for the name of the person who made the pen. None of the named pen makers made more than one pen. Your job is to match the pen with its maker. Each correct entry (All 100 pens matched to the correct penmaker) will be assigned a number. Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm on February 27. On February 28 I will go to Random.org and randomize the list of numbers 5 times. The entrants whose number corresponds with the 1st, 2nd & 3rd number on the list produced by Random.org will win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place accordingly.

In the event that no one correctly matches all pens to their makers the entries with the most correct matches will be used to determine the winners.

There is a limit of one entry per member. Enter by placing the number of a pen next to the name of the person who you believe made it. Save the form and attach the form to an email. Send the email to Pen2Penmaker@gmail.com. In the body of the email place your IAP screenname, your real name and your mailing address.

Example:

Penmaker Pic #
Peter Penmaker 63
Billy Ballpoint 3
Roxie Rollerball 67
Nellie Nib 58

In the above example the entrant thinks pen #63 was made by Peter Penmaker, pen #3 was made by Billy Ballpoint, and so on.

As I receive and open the emails I will send a reply acknowledging that I received the email or notifying that I am disqualifying the entry along with the reason the entry is being disqualified. Emails received that do not contain the required information or that do not follow the format described can be disqualified. Time permitting, entries that are disqualified may be corrected by the contestant and resubmitted. No entries will be accepted that arrive in my mailbox after the stated conclusion of the contest.

The Prizes:

1st Place - TBD
2nd Place - TBD
3rd Place - TBD

Photos

Names

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom