Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Contestant #4

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Contestant #7

Votes: 23 33.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

Welcome to the "Freestyle Casting Contest" Final Vote!

Okay, here we go into the final voting. Here are the top three Contestants in the order they entered. Let the Voting begin and continue until 11:59 on February 27, 2017. The Winner will be announced February 28th.

Good LUCK to All.

Contestant # 1

Violin Music Pen. This pen was made using Copper Wire & Aluminum Tape The copper wire wire has been bent to form the border of a Violin and various musical notes, they were then bent to fit around the tube, which has been covered in Aluminum Tape and Embossed, the ends are adorned with copper wire and armor plates to add further character.

E01-01.jpgE01-02.jpgE01-03.jpgE01-04.jpg

Contestant # 4

Blue scale double cross wrapped Mogul.I used Sulky 40wt thread,wrapped 1 at a time.Approx 180 threads,set with extended cure CA,Then I casted it using Liquid Diamonds epoxy resin.I then cut the blanks to size and turned them between centers one at a time,the mandrel is just for the picture,sanded and buffed with PBC..Was not happy with the satin clear after assembly so I masked off the nose and clip and buffed the blank again using a clean buff,much happier with the results,who'd a thunk it a clean buff with no compound polishes epoxy.

E04-01.jpgE04-02.jpgE04-03.jpgE04-04.jpg

Contestant # 7

Here's my entry in the Freestyle Casting Contest. I take the beer caps cut off the crimping and scrape the seal off. I then wrap the cleaned caps around the appropriate size transfer punch to get a tight fit on the tube. Once I have enough to cover the tube a drop of CA will hold the caps in place. I then place them the mold and cast in polyester resin. I then turn and polish with MM.

E07-01.jpgE07-02.jpgE07-03.jpgE07-04.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

The Polls are still open

The voting is still going on for the "Freestyle Casting Contest".

So if you haven't already, get on line and VOTE!

Top Bottom