2016 SUPERBOWL POOL !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobleibo

Note: For anyone who is interested,
- if I win the side bet, you send a $20 donation to the IAP general fund.
- If you win, I send you a box of blanks.
- you must be a participant in the Superbowl Pool

Bob, is this still open?

Sure is
"....There may be a few side bets like last year available, donation to the IAP or box of blanks to you ......I'll take Carolina -4 pts or Denver + 4 1/2 pts."

Who do you want?

Mr Vic

Isn't there a rule that if you have to work Superbowl Sunday you automatically win 1 quarter? If not there should be.

bobleibo

Isn't there a rule that if you have to work Superbowl Sunday you automatically win 1 quarter? If not there should be.

Vic
I agree with you 100%. Now all we have to do is wait until the names are drawn and placed in the various squares, figure out who is in the 1st quarter and then convince all 25 of them, especially the person who has the winning numbers, that you should be the automatic winner.
I'll keep you posted on what they say.....
Bob

bobleibo

We have 90 people in the pool as of post #131.
10 spots left for your chance to win more blanks than you will ever imagine. On Sunday we will open it up to anyone who wants a 2nd square.
Good luck everyone....

jsolie

Who do you want?

I don't really follow football that closely, so I'm not sure which way it would go. One of the receptionists at the company I work for used a very un-scientific method to determine picks for the weekly football poll that would float around the office. And she had a tendency to win with her method.

So using that method, I'll go with Denver but not by much. :cool:

Last edited:

bobleibo

Who do you want?

I don't really follow football that closely, so I'm not sure which way it would go. One of the receptionists at the company I work for used a very un-scientific method to determine picks for the weekly football poll that would float around the office. And she had a tendency to win with her method.

A real quick explanation.....
In the earlier post, I agreed that when I have Carolina, I will give up 4 points, so they have to win by more than 4 points for me to win. If they win by less than 4 points, you win. That is called the spread.
If you let the girl in your office pick your team and you win you need to take her over to Pachanga and bet on everything she does!
Good luck

For all, right now, we have 91 folks in the regular pool and 5 in the side bets....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Who do you want?

In the earlier post, I agreed that when I have Carolina, I will give up 4 points, so they have to win by more than 4 points for me to win. If they win by less than 4 points, you win. That is called the spread.
If you let the girl in your office pick your team and you win you need to take her over to Pachanga and bet on everything she does!
Good luck

For all, right now, we have 91 folks in the regular pool and 5 in the side bets....
Perhaps just a tad technical but I think if you are giving 4 points that sentence should read "If they win by 4 points or less, you win."

bobleibo

Who do you want?

Good luck

Perhaps just a tad technical but I think if you are giving 4 points that sentence should read "If they win by 4 points or less, you win."

100% agreed.......what Smitty said :)
Thanks LeRoy~

Mr Vic

Vic
I agree with you 100%. Now all we have to do is wait until the names are drawn and placed in the various squares, figure out who is in the 1st quarter and then convince all 25 of them, especially the person who has the winning numbers, that you should be the automatic winner.
I'll keep you posted on what they say.....
Bob

What can I say? If you ain't trying, you're dying! Doesn't have to be the 1st quarter!

jsolie

Good luck

That particular receptionist left the company about 10 years ago, so I had my daughter help, using the same un-scientific criteria. 4 points sure isn't much, so I'm good with that since it was "not by much." Her words... lol.

bobleibo

That particular receptionist left the company about 10 years ago, so I had my daughter help, using the same un-scientific criteria. 4 points sure isn't much, so I'm good with that since it was "not by much." Her words... lol.

Now I have to ask....what "un-scientific criteria" ?

Only 9 spots left everyone....jump in the pool ~

jsolie

Now I have to ask....what "un-scientific criteria" ?

Oh, it's pretty cheesy. Afraid I might get things thrown at me if I divulge. :biggrin:

OK, a comment like that just begs for an explanation - and it better not have anything to do with the color of the uniforms or which QB is the best looking ~

Cheesier than that... :redface:

The un-scientific method that was used was "Between these two cities, where would I rather live?" The receptionist won the football pool more weeks than she lost via that method. It was very annoying to those who would closely follow teams, who was injured, who did well/poorly the previous week.

I am now going to go hide in an attempt of not being hit by thrown offcuts, bowl blanks, casting experiments that didn't work out, skew chisels and rocks. And I'll kick it into high gear if I see a barrel of tar and a pillow... :biggrin: Maybe I'll just be busy donating to the forum regardless of the outcome :biggrin: :biggrin:

bobleibo

92 people entered thru post #146...only 8 spots left.

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• whats-a-tar.jpg
    whats-a-tar.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 206

Skeleton2014

Any idea what time Sunday you will open up the remaining spots?
Thanks, Jeff :)

We have 90 people in the pool as of post #131.
10 spots left for your chance to win more blanks than you will ever imagine. On Sunday we will open it up to anyone who wants a 2nd square.
Good luck everyone....

bobleibo

Is it just my poor memory, or does it seem to be taking longer to fill the super bowl grid than it has in passed years?

Definitely longer. I'm not sure if it's because everyone is upset that the Packers didn't make it in or because they are
too busy getting ready for the http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/ball-point-pen-contest-137598/[/B]

Any idea what time Sunday you will open up the remaining spots?
Thanks, Jeff :)

Probably around early evening depending on if we have a few late entries from folks who have not signed up yet.

We now have 93 folks signed up as of post #151....7 spots left for those of you who are waiting in the shadows.

Last edited:

Sataro

If you haven't signed up yet, you are definitely missing out on a great opportunity to get a few blanks. :biggrin:

I guess I should find my pic from last year to show an example of what could happen!

bobleibo

Just want to mention......Billy probably hasn't bought a pen blank since last year and probably won't for quite a few years to come. Only person I've ever seen win 2 quarters of any pool - and that was after the score changed!

95 people signed up thru post 155...only 5 spots left.

Last edited:

SAWDUST 101

Passed Away Jan 7, 2018
In Memoriam
Sign me up if a spot is still available, believe I have a few blanks to spare.

Go Panthers and Superman...........

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom