Pen #1 made by duncuss

Attachments

• Pen 1a.jpg
    Pen 1a.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 384
  • pen 1b.jpg
    pen 1b.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 295
Please feel free to post your pens and comment on the process of making them. This was an exceptional group of pens. I for one would like to hear more about how the front section for pen #6 was made. It was also great seeing wood pens entered in this contest. Because of how the votes divided up I decided not to do a second poll. Congratulations to all who entered.

duncsuss

Wow.

I was really happy with the way my pen looked, right up until I saw all the other entries in this contest and realized how high the overall standard was. There was not a single pen among them which didn't rate an A+ grade.

Thank you for this honor.

magpens

Congratulations to the winners !!!!

Could we please see the voting results, Chris.

Last edited:

jalbert

Good job to you too Wizard. The way you got the swirls in the Mokume Gane to match up at the cap and barrel seam is top notch!

wizard

Congratulations to both John and Duncan!! You are both true craftsmen who have made gorgeous pens. It is a privilege to be able have a pen stand alongside each of yours. Again, Congratulations to each of you and to those who took the time to vote. Christopher, Thank you for all your hard work!
Kind Regards, Doc:)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved! Some very stiff competition this year. Nice work on the contest Chris. Thank you!

duncsuss

Thank you again ... :embarrassed:

Chris has asked for a description of how the pens were made, but there's no secret to a demonstrator -- all it takes is patience and/or mulish obstinacy.

It wasn't until I'd sanded through all the grits and polished both outside and inside that I could see how many drill marks still had to be sanded out. Back to 120 and through all the grits again for the inside. Lather, rinse, repeat. Again. And again. (I chose not to count how many times I went around the loop.) :)

Top Bottom