2016 Hunter's Paradise Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lady_Acoma

Welcome to the IAP 12th Anniversary Bash! This is the Antler, Bone, Horn, or Cartridge Casing Contest, from this point forward otherwise known as "Hunter's Paradise". This contest is geared toward creative use of animal byproducts and/or killing devices into beautiful implements of writing even non-hunters would love to own.

In all seriousness in addition to the Universal Contest Rules pens must follow the below specifications to be allowed entry into the competition. Entries that do not adhere to listed Rules and specifications will be disqualified.

1. The pen must contain by visual appearance at least 2/3rds antler, bone, horn, or cartridge (any caliber) and must also be recognizable as a pen (this is a penturners forum).

2. Your blanks cannot involve the use of a CNC or laser'.

3. A short description of your pen showing what kind of work went into its creation must be included, with up to three pictures with each entry into the competition.

4. Only one pen entry per individual, so make them count.

5. The pen must not have been posted anywhere on IAP prior to the conclusion of the contest.

6. All pens must be submitted using the Entry Form provided.

7. All entries must be submitted by TBD

Judging for this contest will be done by a vote of the members of the IAP following rules posted in the Universal Contest Rules.

Prizes:
1st Place: TBD
2nd Place: TBD
3rd Place: TBD

THIS IS A DRAFT OF CONTEST RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR CLARIFICATION

I took a little liberty obviously and renamed the contest to something that I thought was a little more fun. I could frankly use LOTS of help with this one though and I know it. I would just like to have it be a fun competition that brings out creativity in a wide range of skill levels thus pushing everyone. I would like to believe this theme might do it but, you know, I'm naive. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Is this open to any type of pen?

Also. Just for the Ed Streets of the forum: On rule #2 I would consider rewording the part about no CNC produced parts since most kit parts are made on a CNC (Lazerlinez made in the USA kits for example are entirely made on a CNC). It'll save you the headache of trying to explain it once the rules have been posted.

Last edited:

Lady_Acoma

Is this open to any type of pen?

Also. Just for the Ed Streets of the forum: On rule #2 I would consider rewording the part about no CNC produced parts since most kit parts are made on a CNC (Lazerlinez made in the USA kits for example are entirely made on a CNC). It'll save you the headache of trying to explain it once the rules have been posted.

I would like it to be open to any pen type yes to hopefully generate as much diversity as possible.

I see your point about the CNC... Do you think 2. No laser work or CNC produced pens are allowed. is clear enough?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We can use Andrews wording or "you may not use cnc or laser to make the pen"

EIther way can work.

Top Bottom