2016 casting 1 resin/polyclay rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Here are the proposed rules for the casting 1 resin/polyclay contest. Please review and let me know if you have any comments or criticisms, I have thick skin, so don't be shy.

Resin/Polyclay
Casting contest
This contest is for blanks made from Resin or Polyclay.
This contest is open to everyone.
This contest conforms to the Universal Contest Rules, unless otherwise specified in the following rules for this contest.
1. The blanks for this contest are to be made with resin or made of Polyclay (there is a different contest for "tube on" or embedded resin blanks).
2. The blanks and the pen made from the blank for this contest are to be made solely by the person entering the contest.
3. All blanks must be made into a pen (this is a penturners forum), there is no restriction on the type of pen, ballpoint, rollerball, fountain, kit or kitless. (you can only enter your pen In one contest)
4. No use of CNC or Laser or your submission will be disqualified
5. The blanks must not be or have been shown anywhere even on the IAP before the end of this contest or your submission will be disqualified.
6. You must submit two photos of the finished pen. Remember that these photos are to show off the blank, so make sure your pen and photos shows off your blank.
7. Included with the pictures of your pen, you need to also submit a description of your blank that shows what kind of work went into the making of the blank, without saying something that will give away who you are. Keep this limited to 200 words or less.
8. You must follow all the rules in the Universal Contest Rules that are not covered in the rules above.
9. All entries must be submitted using the entry form provided. Any entries posted here will be disqualified.
10. All entries must be submitted by Feb 22nd Judging for this contest will be by a vote of the members of the IAP, following the rules concerning voting in the Universal Contest Rules.
Prizes
1st place TBD
2nd place TBD
3rd place TBD

The contest will run from Feb 1st to Feb 22nd.

All rules are subject to change for clarification or safety.
Please be creative and have a good time making your blanks and pens.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

"1. The blanks for this contest are to be made with resin or made of Polyclay (there is a different contest for "tube on" or embedded resin blanks)."

I am a little confused by the reference to embedded resin blanks. Would embedded castings of pine cones, sweet gum balls, coffee beans etc. not be allowed? They are embedded castings but not tube on castings.

chartle

"1. The blanks for this contest are to be made with resin or made of Polyclay (there is a different contest for "tube on" or embedded resin blanks)."

I am a little confused by the reference to embedded resin blanks. Would embedded castings of pine cones, sweet gum balls, coffee beans etc. not be allowed? They are embedded castings but not tube on castings.

Was just about to post exactly the same thing.

I was thinking of embedding Poly Clay into resin or is it the other way around.

CREID

I was told that putting things like coffee beans, pine cones, etc. in would be considered tube on and not allowed in this category. Now you probably should verify that with the person running the tube on contest.

Curt

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have posted in that contests rules as well. The original thought was that this contest is for colors only. YOu could make it using resins or Poly Clay. Anything cast in, put on a tube etc. would be an entery in the other contest.
I have suggested we rename the other contest to clarify.

CREID

I have posted in that contests rules as well. The original thought was that this contest is for colors only. YOu could make it using resins or Poly Clay. Anything cast in, put on a tube etc. would be an entery in the other contest.
I have suggested we rename the other contest to clarify.

I seen what you posted there. I am following both threads to make sure we get things clear. I'm new to this so let me know what you guys think.

Curt

Top Bottom