2016 BASH Puzzle Contest Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I know you have been waiting with bated breath to hear who won the overall Puzzle Contest, so here we go:

No one got a perfect score this year, but we did have 3 people who each earned 5 points. These are the same 3 people who managed to submit the correct answer for Puzzle #6. That feat separated them from the next tier of players who wound up with 4 points.

A total of 52 people submitted entries for at least one puzzle this year. Thanks for your participation and interest in this contest. And special thanks to all our donors and sponsors for the great prizes that made this contest possible!

Since we had a 3-way tie for first place, I used random.org to determine their spot on the winner's pedestal. I assigned the numbers 1-3 to the 3 winners based on their order of finishing Puzzle #6. Then I ran random.org 5 times and the #2 finisher came up 3 of those 5 times, so he gets the gold medal.

Then I ran random.org 5 more times for the other two finalists and the #3 finisher came up 3 of those 5 times, so he gets the silver medal.

Now, without further ado, I am pleased to announce our 3 Puzzle Co-Champions for 2016:

Taking Bronze and winning a 5-pack of LeRoi Elegant Pen Kits with a set of bushings from Smitty's Pen Works worth about $40 and a 2# package of Alumilite worth $36 we have:

Eric Rasmussen (Sylvanite)

Earning Silver and winning a $50 GC from Classic Nib and a $50 GC from Rick Herrell (rherrell) we have:

Shawn Pachlhofer (The Penguin)

and in 1st place, winning GOLD and a $100 GC from Exotic Blanks and a $50 GC from TurnTex we have:

Robert Holiday (rholiday)

Congratulations guys - I think your souvenir photo turned out really well.

Attachments

• Winners_2016.jpg
    Winners_2016.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

missed it by >< that much...if I had just finished that crossword puzzle! :biggrin:

Thanks Edgar, and thank you to Roy and Rick for the prizes!

Dale Lynch

You guys must have needed shoe horns to pry those thinking caps off after all the puzzles.Congrats on the wins fellas.

rholiday

Thanks all. Thanks to Edgar for running all the contests, much appreciated and a lot of work for Edgar. Thanks to Ed and Dawn, and Curtis for donating these great prizes. Once again, much appreciated.
Eric and Shawn, if I remember correctly, you guys were good last year. Looks like you both are still a force to be reckoned with. Well done.

Top Bottom