2015 Summer Extravaganza check in

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Post your presence here in this thread for notifications and to let me know you made it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Currently there will be the following contests.

Slim Line -turning challanged---Derek
Slim Line -unlimited- Think the Russ Fairfield contests -Derek (again0

A Ball point Kit contest

Advanced pen Roller Ball/Fp - Johnathon.

Kitless -any kind of pen but the slimline.

A casting contest.

Youth Contest

Display/ Pen Stand

Other contests will be considered but we need to keep the amount of contests to a minimum.

D.Oliver

Currently there will be the following contests.

Slim Line -turning challanged---Derek
Slim Line -unlimited- Think the Russ Fairfield contests -Derek (again0

A Ball point Kit contest

Advanced pen Roller Ball/Fp - Johnathon.

Kitless -any kind of pen but the slimline.

A casting contest.

Youth Contest

Display/ Pen Stand

Other contests will be considered but we need to keep the amount of contests to a minimum.

Did he just call me turning challenged?

firewhatfire

I feel like a student that just got in the teachers lounge.kinda like I am fixing to get in
trouble and like it.

and Derek,

yes he did call you challenged(what kind is yet to be determined)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Once you have checked in start a thread with an outline or rules of the contest(s)
your running so we can discuss anything we need to or make suggestions.
I want to post the final drafts of the rules on July 1st.
You will need to have the entries emailed to you, you should respond to each entry letting them know you received your entry.

Ed McDonnell

Ok Mike, kitless it is for me.

I would differentiate kitless from the "slimline - unlimited" contest by

1) having a better looking chairman than "slimline - unlimited"
2) not allowing 7mm twist mechanisms for kitless

I'm not sure what Jonathon has in mind for "Advanced Pen". How do we differentiate "Kitless - any kind of pen but slimline" from "Advanced Pen"?

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Aadvance will be based on kits. Depending on how Johnathon structures it, it could be any type pen or the roller ball/fountain pen using some or all of a kit to build the pen.

D.Oliver

I'm not sure what Jonathon has in mind for "Advanced Pen". How do we differentiate "Kitless - any kind of pen but slimline" from "Advanced Pen"?

Ed

You must have missed the part about me running the Slimline - Unlimited.

Got to say, though, I'm really looking forward to the Kitless Contest this year.:sleepy::sleepy:

bobleibo

Mike
Finally found the thread.....I'm slow but efficient!
I'll get the rules posted ASAP as soon as you let me know which contest you want me to handle. Can they be the same outline for rules as the ones from the BASH?
Thanks~
Bob

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will handle casting and the youth program.

I would like everyone to have their contest formed and posted by the 21st for review. When you have time review the other contests and check them over. Let us know your opinions. I want to post them in the public July 1st for open discussion prior to the August kick off.

Brooks803

Ed

Aadvance will be based on kits. Depending on how Johnathon structures it, it could be any type pen or the roller ball/fountain pen using some or all of a kit to build the pen.

Right now I'm thinking of requiring that at least 1 component of the kit be eliminated and they must use at least 2 total components. I'm hoping to sit down and hash out finer details this weekend.

Mike. What's the scheduling looking like for the contests? Everything begins Aug 1st with around 3 weeks to complete with a week for voting? I'm assuming we have to keep things anonymous throughout and public voting for winners?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes Thats pretty much It. August First is a Saturday, we can shut them down on the 23rd which is A sunday and have a week to post and run the polls. Polls will only be 3 days long. So even Run off polls if we have them will still wrap up by the end of the month.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jeff has created an SE Forum for us when we are ready to move the contests to the public arena. Please take a moment to review yours and the other contests. Spelling checks, dates, other errors or comment on the contest if you have a suggestion or question.

Ed McDonnell

Jeff has created an SE Forum for us when we are ready to move the contests to the public arena. Please take a moment to review yours and the other contests. Spelling checks, dates, other errors or comment on the contest if you have a suggestion or question.

Well....those slimline contest rules are loaded with all sorts of things that might be considered an "error" in other contests...but I think it's all part of the charm of a Derek Contest. We just need to recognize that he's from SOUTH Dakota and not North Dakota and have realistic expectations about this whole "error" thing. :biggrin:

On a more serious note, people may want to include some direction on picture size in their rules if they want to avoid having to resize everything they get. The forum limits for jpg are 960 x 960 pixels dimensions and 1 MB file size.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Be prepared to move your contest rules to the public on July 1st. If you want me to be able to moderate them then use the Activities Forum. If it doesnt matter use Casual Conversation Forum. If there is a scheduling problem let me know and I can move them for you.

Ed McDonnell

Hi Mike - Your latest message said to move our rules to the activities forum (for your moderation) or to casual conversation (if no moderation wanted / needed). What's the SE Forum you referred to in this post? Wouldn't it be easier if all the contests were in one place so Jeff could put up a link on the front page?

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was thinking that we would use the SE Forum for just the contests and polls. It may be just as easy to post the discussions there also so the whole thing could be tracked easily.
Here is the link to the SE Forum
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f299/
I will let Jeff know we want to take it active July 1st

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Jeff will be creationg a public Forum for the SE shortly are there any rule changes that need to be updated before we post them in the public Forum?

Ed McDonnell

So, if we don't have any changes to our rules we don't have to make a new post of the rules? We can just go with the one we already have out there?

Ed

Top Bottom