!!2015 BASH Cartridge Pen Contest Winners!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

As the title states, it's time for me to announce the WINNERS of the 2015 BASH Cartridge Pen Contest. There were four fabulous entries into this contest, but unfortunately, only three will be claiming a prize.

I'd like to thank The Classic Nib for donating a vise valued at $120, Doug's Woodworking for donating a tool and handle valued at $110, and members Lyonsacc and Mark D for each donating a box of blanks valued at $40. I'd also like to thank Jeff, and the moderators, for such a wonderful community to share our pens, materials and tools, and have friendly competition once in a while along with the fellow BASH volunteers.

Without further ado, I present to you the WINNERS:

Third Place goes to Greg Jones aka Twinsen!
Congratulations Greg! You've won the two boxes of blanks from Lyonsacc and Mark D valued at $40 each with the following submission:
This cartridge pen is made using a once fired .223 casing & fmj bullet and 2 once fired 9mm casings with 2 fmj bullets. I chose a small piece of figured walnut (finished with ca) to accent the pen between the 2 9mm rounds. The wood and 3 rounds are polished using micro mesh. The guts and clip are from a chrome slimline kit. The pen separates between the middle 9mm case and bullet.

Second Place goes to Tim Harvey aka THarvey!
Congratulations Tim! You're the winner of a tool and handle combo from Doug's Woodworking valued at $110 with the following entry:

Baron With Some Fire Power This shiny Baron roller ball uses a 45-70-GOVT cartridge for the body and a 40 S&W cartridge for the end of the pen. The base is a piece of natural edged walnut with a 45-70-GOVT cartridge for the pen cup/cap. This pen uses the Baron tubes, nib, and threaded parts.

Last, but certainly not least, First place goes to Jeffrey Vogan aka Skeleton2014!
Congratulations Jeff! You're the winner of a PH Designs vise donated by Roy and Dee of The Classic Nib with the following entry:

This is a 30-06 Springfield cartridge that has a soldered-in tube, a 7mm transmission with a cross-style refill. For the upper barrel, I used a 24k gold slimline clip and finial. I received the Tigerwood blank awhile back as a "freebie" in a purchase. I turned and sanded it down to 600 grit then applied 8 coats of Doctors's Woodshop Pens Plus as a finish. Thanks for looking.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Clark and the donors for making this great contest possible. All the entries were excellent!

Top Bottom