2013 Bash Prize List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Putting this here before i forget:

2013 Birthday Bash Prize List - confirmed

Sponsorships - Classic Nib, Exotic Blanks, Smitty's Pen Works, Berea Hardwoods, Randbcrafts (M3 Metal)
Alteration as of Jan 28th - removed lazerlinez (constant)

Member-vendors and vendors:

hunter-27 - Landon Smith - FOUR prizes of a Lyman stainless steel dial caliper
RonSchmitt - a couple of blanks taken from the Atlantic City Boardwalk - pics forthcoming
Buzzzz4 - Eric - TWO prizes of a set of assorted blanks of mini cones and cherry pits. Each set will be valued at $70. I will send a picture when we get closer.
Classic Nib (Oklahoman): Andrew, I've already contacted both Jeff and Mike and will be sponsoring one contest that will last for 25 days and a $29.95 prize will be given away each day by "The Classic Nib", a Slate thermometer with the IAP logo on it - EARMARKED FOR ROY'S CONTEST
Rherrell - Rick: FOUR total prizes:
1. Toolpost w/two rests....size to be determined by winner...$45-$55
2. Two pin chucks.......size to be determined by winner...$34
3. and 4. Two Sanding Mills....one per winner or however you want to do it but nobody needs TWO. .... $25 ea..
Scubaman - I already sent Jeff a copy of my book. He ordered some and I sent an extra. - JEFF'S PRIZE
BangleGuy - Eric - a women's bangle kit which would include a size 8 stainless steel metal core ($26), stabilized Tamarisk Burl blank ($20) and tube of adhesive ($5) for a total value of $51 plus free shipping.
landfill lumber - Victor - treymendous77@yahoo.com - flat rate envelope of nice pen blanks(about 14-24 blanks,depends).This will have a value of $50 ish and a second prize of a box of Victor's blanks
clapiana - craig - selection of prizes from his three websites:
1. www.chefwareKits.com
1ea bundle of chefware items that are worth $25 (ice cream scoop, cheese grater, bottle opener & cheese knife)
2. www.bottlestopperKits.com
1ea SS Niles bottle stopper mandrel (Made in USA) which is worth $25
3. www.peppermillKits.com
1ea Peppermill Kit bundle (6" Crushgrind and a 6" Stainless Steel grinder (Made in USA) mechanism) worth $25
yorkie - a series of 5 burls or two tones. I can donate a Robert Sorby hollwing chisel-see my post of clearing out stuff.
InvisibleMan - Lyle - How about a box of 20 blanks picked by the winner. Would be up to $100 value depending on blanks selected. I'll pay any shipping. I can be flexible, too. If you really need a couple or a few smaller prizes to fill out your chart, I can do that instead
JohnU - John - FOUR prizes...
4 different sets of Feather Blanks to fit the Jr series pen kits ( jr gents, jr stateman, jr majestic, ect) All are value between $30 and $40 each. I'll get some pictures taken in a few days. Let me know if you want me to email them to you or post them here somewhere.
randbcrafts - Richard -Donation Drawing:
30 Piece Variety Pack of Tru-Stone pen blanks. Retail $260

randbcrafts.com (M3 Metal) Freestyle Pen Contest:
1st Place: 6 Regular 3/4" M3 Patterned Metal Blanks with Polish. Retail $180
2nd Place: 4 Regular 3/4" M3 Patterned Metal Blanks with Polish. Retail $120
3rd Place: 4 3/4" M3 Lava Patterned Metal Blanks with Polish. Retail $90
3rd Place: 4 3/4" M3 Lava Patterned Metal Blanks with Polish. Retail $90

Brooks803 - Jonathon - a box of blanks for a prize again this year. Value would be at minimum $100 but I'd send some of my best stuff so it'd really be closer to $175-200 retail.
Second Prize - a box of eight 9" blanks for the kitless pen maker. value $120 - pictures will be ready by the 1st.
Crown Tools - sales@crownhandtools.ltd.uk - Charlotte - Cryogenic Pen Set - Set contains a 1/4" Bowl Gouge, a 1/2" Oval Skew Chisel and a 1/8" Parting Tool. Value $110
Lee Valley Tools - Barbara - baubin@leevalley.com - $50 gift card - card sent to Ed for delivery to eventual recipient
Thompson Tools - Doug - dougswoodworking@aol.com - Travel Set of tools - Donation Drawing
Kallenshaan Woods - Ken Nelsen - We have a series of 6 different dog breed inlay kits
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/Page?template=DogSeries
as well as a series of 7 different rifle inlay kits that I could donate as 2 separate prizes.
Retail value on the dog breed series set would be $150 and the retail value on the rifle series would be $140.
The Berea Hardwoods Co. Ltd. - Joe - customerservice@bereahardwoods.com -sponsoring a contest
Woodnwhimsies - Tracey - woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com - Either One $50.00 and two $25.00 gift certificates or Four $25.00 Gift Certificates, whichever you prefer.
Elmostro - Eugene - TWO $50 Gift certificates from MuttBlanks.com
Alumilite - Carol - world@alumilite.com - EIGHT - 16 oz kits of Alumilite Clear (prize delivery note - Alumilite prefers receiving list of winners 'all at once', so please inform your contest winners that they will not ship out until the first week of March at the earliest!)
Woodturningz - Fritz - fritz@woodturningz.com - FOUR prizes of a $25.00 gift card (changed from original)
Koa Wood Hawaii (Kalai) - Chris - koawoodhawaii@msn.com - FIVE prizes of a set of Hawaiian Pen Blanks worth $40, plus a grand prize Donation Drawing ) of top notch blanks valued at $100+. (see post in this thread with details and picture - Donation Drawing Prize)
Little River Crafts (Sylvanite) - Eric - sales@littlerivercrafts.com - FOUR gift certificates of $25.00 each to www.bulletpenkits.com.
Smitty's Pen Works - (Smitty) - Sponsoring a contest
Niles Bottle Stoppers - Ruth - ruthniles@gmail.com-www.nilesbottlestoppers.com - Joyner Off-Center jig with a newly designed indexing plate. This is an eccentric chuck that allows you to make an unlimited array of original items including pendants, earrings, box lids, bottle stoppers, etc
Exotic Blanks (ed4copies) - Ed and Dawn - ed4copies - 40 pen blanks (approx $170) and ten Triton Ballpoint kits with a set of bushings (approx $100). I view them as one prize, but they can be separated if that helps, when all is said and done. - Donation Drawing?
Craft Supplies USA - Ben Williams - bwilliams@woodturnerscatalog.com - THREE prizes of an Easy Pen Turner Tool by Easy Wood Tools (Our product # 104-526). - $89
CaptG - Gary - custom high end watch parts blank for auction (i.e. not for contest use)
Alteration - Removed Constant as donor[/B]

mredburn - Mike - a couple of pen kits

Edit: Addendum as of Jan 25th - Jeff - 5 autographed copies of Rich Klienhenz's book for general use , and 1 for the DD.
I also have 8 large and 8 small Thumb Squares engraved with the Anniversary logo - i.e. 8 sets

mpex - a light box with lights for photographing pens.

Members: - Box of Blanks (AKA BOB) - details included where provided by member PMs.

firewhatfire - Phil - small flat rate box-o-blanks. They will be silmar 41.
Camoboy91 - Zachary - BOB
markgum - mark - a medium size box of assorted blanks. I will strive to label them and any that have certs will include them
eupher58 - BOB
jim15 - Jim - BOB
arioux - Alfred - TWO prizes of a BOB
Manny - Manny - BOB
jthompson1995 - Jason - BOB: a mix of wood blanks, WW cast blanks and cactus juice stabilized blanks.
Leviblue - Kevin - BOB
MarkD - Mark - BOB
theidlemind - BOB
woodlvr - Mike - box of some pen kits, nice blanks and maybe some bushings if needed
UKpenmaker - Andy - TWO boxes of 18 blanks of various cat's & camo's plus 4 secret compartment whistle kits. - UK prize - sent from UK
kronewi - Kevin - THREE prizes of a BOB
reddwil - Kent - BOB
SteveG - Steve - Premium BOB - a small FRB full of premium blanks: value at least $100.00. Half will be very curly Koa and the rest a mix of premium blanks. If the winner is doing kitless, some of the blanks will be extra long.
nava1uni - Cindy - TWO BOBs
sparhawk - Hugo - BOB
Jan 27th addendum - Bobskio2003 - two BOBs.
Jan 27th addendum - Sparhawk - add another box: blanks and a vertex fountain pen with extra tubes and bushings for both - total of 2 prizes

mredburn - mike -
1- FP-950 sterling silver roller ball kit with bushings. $145.00
1- FP-5000 sterling silver roller ball kit with bushings $194.00

Jan 28th addendum - Fitty - Mark - BOB

Member non-BOB prizes:

The Penguin - Shawn - I have a Blank Canvas by Jessie & Marla to donate. It is a Sierra size sea turtle. (Andrew's note: value $50, I think - I checked on Roy's website)
mbroberg - Mike - $100.00 gift certificate to the IAP catalog vendor of the winner's choice

Vendor Discounts to be posted by me:
Alumilite - discount during month of FEB with 20% off purchases (same as last year) for volumes up through the #1 kits. Only 10% off of the ten gallon and drum kits. IAP2013 - Begins Feb 1st

Info for next year:
Hartville Tool now tries to support local charities instead of other organizations, but said I can try again next year.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Dial Caliper from Landon:
128288.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
With Andrew's permission, I am posting the pics of ExoticBlanks prize(s) for the Donation Drawing this year.
The first is 40 pen blanks (surprise, they are ACRYLICS!!!) valued at approx $120

the second (or second half) is 10 Triton Ballpoint pen kits, chrome with gold trim, and a set of bushings for same--value $100

Attachments

• tritonbp.jpg
    tritonbp.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 40blanks.jpg
    40blanks.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 157

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, I resized them to upload---now they don't seem to expand when "clicked" upon.

Let me know if I need to change the size or do something else to make them "useable".
Computer illiterate!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Koa Wood Hawaii's donation drawing prize:

it has 33 different HAwaiian woods.
Spaulted Eucalyptus
Hala
Spaulted Avocado
Lama (Hawaiian Ebony)
Rambutan
Silver Oak
Ohia
Red Gum
Neneleiau
Mulang
Kona Coffee
Hau (rare)
Lychee
Milo
Chocolate heart Mango
Kiawe
Autograph wood (signature)
Alahe'e (rare)
Plumeria
Noni
Toon
Kau Orange
Ohia Ai
Curly Mango
Kou (rare)
Tamarind
Naio (rare, false Sandalwood,smells nice)
Curly Koa
Koa
Kolohala ( rare, pheasant wood)
Gauva
Opiuma
Mamani (rare)
And I am filling the rest of the box with Koa and curly Mango and other Hawaiian woods for a total of 80 blanks and all are 7/8 square by 6 inches or longer.

Attachments

• bash pic.jpg
    bash pic.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Of course, I can't edit (over an hour), so I will try again and delete this if it does not work

THANK YOU, MIKE Broberg----your PM did the trick---I downloaded a different resizer and made the dimension about 600===seems to work.

Mods feel free to delete the two entries above, if you like. (#11 and #12)

Attachments

• 40blanks.jpg
    40blanks.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 115
  • tritonbp.jpg
    tritonbp.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Andrew!!

I was caught up with the purples and I want to forward the spreadsheet to Mike today, so, as usual your methodology has diminished my "labor load".

In English---thanks, that makes it easier!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
New as of today:

I would be interested in donating a prize to one of the contests. I was thinking about a light box with lights for photographing pens. What do you think? Is there an opportunity available?

Thanks!

Moishe
Midwest Photo Exchange
mpex.com

Buzzzz4

Here is the pic for my 2 prize packs. 5 blanks of mini cones and a Very Cherry Pit. All award winning blanks. Each pack is worth $70.

Attachments

• P2010365.jpg
    P2010365.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 96

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
What is this member's username? I need to get a better photo.

Koa Wood Hawaii's donation drawing prize:

it has 33 different HAwaiian woods.
Spaulted Eucalyptus
Hala
Spaulted Avocado
Lama (Hawaiian Ebony)
Rambutan
Silver Oak
Ohia
Red Gum
Neneleiau
Mulang
Kona Coffee
Hau (rare)
Lychee
Milo
Chocolate heart Mango
Kiawe
Autograph wood (signature)
Alahe'e (rare)
Plumeria
Noni
Toon
Kau Orange
Ohia Ai
Curly Mango
Kou (rare)
Tamarind
Naio (rare, false Sandalwood,smells nice)
Curly Koa
Koa
Kolohala ( rare, pheasant wood)
Gauva
Opiuma
Mamani (rare)
And I am filling the rest of the box with Koa and curly Mango and other Hawaiian woods for a total of 80 blanks and all are 7/8 square by 6 inches or longer.

Here is a shot of the prize for the edible pen contest. The color of the blanks may vary from box to box but the numbers will stay the same. 1 micarta style blank and 8 PR blanks plus the chocolate. It just fits in a small priority mail box. Am I OK to post this in the edible pen contest thread?

Attachments

• edible pen prize.JPG
    edible pen prize.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 108

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here is a shot of the prize for the edible pen contest. The color of the blanks may vary from box to box but the numbers will stay the same. 1 micarta style blank and 8 PR blanks plus the chocolate. It just fits in a small priority mail box. Am I OK to post this in the edible pen contest thread?

Nice prizes Chris! Thank you!

Top Bottom