2010 Trivia prize awards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In 2009, each day the TriviaMeister posted a new thread, at the end of the daily contest, posting the winners.

"Day one winners were".....

The first e-mail got to claim their favorite prize, the second got the other prize.

From my point of view (prize coordinating), this was FABULOUS!!! Each day as I received the two e-mails (I had to notify the winner to e-mail me only three times out of 56 winners --- good odds), I would indicate on that day's "winners" thread, that all donors were notified. After the tenth of the month, I realized I should say who was awarded what - so from then on, that was done. (This stopped the e-mails saying, "Did you get my email" from the winners)

Dawn contacted all the winners two weeks after their prize was awarded, also by forum PM. I then followed up with the vendors who had not yet shipped.

This was a GREAT system and the TriviaMeisters were ALL very good at finishing their days.

Only possible improvement - we may want to make a special forum for the "Prizes" so all threads related to prizes could be easily found and updated as necessary. This is NOT a high priority, if we break the prize awarding into 3 jobs, which I suggest for next year. (2010)

Top Bottom