20 Years!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I was checking my comment on another thread, and I noticed my join date was 20 YEARS AGO as of December 12th! Those were heady days here! Thank you Jeff, for always being there for us!

Scott.
My join date was Jan 1, 2004...right behind you. It would be interesting to see how many of us "originals" are still around. That first year was interesting. Thanks Jeff (and Scott) for starting this place.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jttheclockman

I was watching this forum back then but chose to sit out and observe because I had no idea what I was doing with pen making. But did join in Feb 2005. Those were the days. Have to say some great times but some growing pains as well. A whole lot calmer these days.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Congratulations on the 20 years! It has been a great 20 years for sure. Echoing John T. I first started looking at this forum in Nov 2004, bought a lathe in Dec. 2004 and joined in Feb. 2004. I have learned so much from this forum and the people here early on (and since) - for which I am greatly appreciative!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Congratulations on the 20 years! It has been a great 20 years for sure. Echoing John T. I first started looking at this forum in Nov 2004, bought a lathe in Dec. 2004 and joined in Feb. 2004. I have learned so much from this forum and the people here early on (and since) - for which I am greatly appreciative!
Correction: Joined in Feb of 2005!

johncrane

WOW 20 years soon! took me a some time come out of the closet i was making slimline pens in the 90's and i was looking too find different materials on the internet stumbled across the IAP 2004 finally joined Jan 17, 2006 was a big learning curve using a Computer and the internet, many thanks to all

Scott

Thank you, everybody, for responding! Yes, I recognize you all! This place continues to be so much fun! Merry Christmas averyone!

Scott.

its_virgil

I've got a few more months before by 20th. I joined on May 11, 2004.

It's good to see all you old-timers still hanging around the site (Jeff, Scott, Lee, Virgil, etc) :p
Hey Bill. Good to hear from another long time member. I hope all is well. Always enjoyed getting wood from you.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Looks like I joined in Sep 2006... that would be about a year after I moved to TN... but was making pens and talking on another forum for pen turners when I lived in Houston... Not sure now exactly when I started turning, but I did start with pens.... I had admired a bowl in an art shop in Fredericksburg, TX that the wife and I were visiting... mentioned how beautiful the bowl was and would be nice if I knew how to do them.... she called my son in Austin and said "Your dad wants a lathe for Christmas." he brought one and the rest is history.

Scott

Looks like I joined in Sep 2006... that would be about a year after I moved to TN... but was making pens and talking on another forum for pen turners when I lived in Houston... Not sure now exactly when I started turning, but I did start with pens.... I had admired a bowl in an art shop in Fredericksburg, TX that the wife and I were visiting... mentioned how beautiful the bowl was and would be nice if I knew how to do them.... she called my son in Austin and said "Your dad wants a lathe for Christmas." he brought one and the rest is history.
That is great Chuck! It's nice when the family takes care of you!

Scott.

jrista

Congrats! To think, being a part of an internet community for 20 YEARS... If you consider the Internet somewhat like a virtual dog, and that its life is measured in years a small fraction of a human year...20 years is probably something like 20,000 internet years at this point! The technology of the web has changed so much and so many times over the intervening 20 years, its amazing any community could transcend that!

I've been here for about 1/10th that amount of time so far! I signed up in 2021.

Scott

Congrats! To think, being a part of an internet community for 20 YEARS... If you consider the Internet somewhat like a virtual dog, and that its life is measured in years a small fraction of a human year...20 years is probably something like 20,000 internet years at this point! The technology of the web has changed so much and so many times over the intervening 20 years, its amazing any community could transcend that!

I've been here for about 1/10th that amount of time so far! I signed up in 2021.
So, that would make me over 20,000 years old, in internet years! Hey, get off my lawn! :p

Scott.

Top Bottom