20 years, How Time Flys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Well I thought I would take this opportunity to wish the Staff and especially Jeff our leader and curator of this fine establishment a Happy Birthday. Along with a few members that are still here when this place was just an idea and I won't go mentioning names for fear of leaving people out but you know who you are , I wanted to say THANKS for following through with your vision. It took off and has become a favorite stopping point for me as well I am sure many others. I know somewhere in the achieves here there is the whole story written out about how this whole concept got started and why and some finer details that many just never realized written by Jeff. Maybe as we celebrate our 20th Bash party, Jeff could say a few words and maybe give use a nugget or two as to the making of this great site. Always wondered if this is what he and others envisioned back then? I know there are many behind the scenes hard working people here such as Wayne and Mike and again did not want to leave anyone out, that continue to give their time and effort into keeping this place not only running but expanding and becoming better with each passing year. The info stored throughout this site is extraordinary and mind numbing at times. anything you can do or want to do with a pen can be found here as well as threads talking about mistakes and trials along the way that can make things go smoother for the newbies . The IAP name is a worldly name and continues to grow with new members from all over joining and becoming family members.

Over the years there have been so many great and talented members that graced these pages. Some are no longer here with us and yet they still left behind a lasting impression. Some that over time have just moved on and left the hobby to venture into other aspects of their lives. Some just never caught the fever as many have like myself. I can not say for sure what it was that got me hooked on making a small round object that we can buy so easily anywhere today. Yet the creative part of my mind said I can do better and set out to prove it to myself and shared along the way some of my work and knowledge that I accrued not only here but from many sources. There have been some turbulent times and my name gets both Jeers and hopefully some Cheers , but also so many more great and rewarding times that I will forever be grateful and appreciative to have lived through here. I will say I am glad on that day of Feb23 2005 I decided to join this site and next year will be my 20th year enjoying it.

So without further ado, Happy Birthday Jeff and Happy Birthday IAP and keep it going. Many more!! 🥳 🎂🍾🍾🍾

Scott

Nice dissertation John! I think this place has more than fulfilled its purpose, as far as what was envisioned when we put it together! Jeff has been a constant wonder keeping this site going! And I agree that the amount of information contained in this site is mind-boggling! Thank you for joining to all you who have been here less time than me, which I guess is all of you but one (Jeff)!

Scott.

Smokey S

What an awesome deal! It's easy to understand the longevity of the IAP with all of the members willing to share their talents and tremendous skills with others. Thanks for sharing this info John. God bless all……….Smokey

Top Bottom