2 shaving brushes: Pine Cones and leftovers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

This was my first time using pine cones and I though I stuffed plenty in the pvc mold but wish I would've crammed in more. It came out ok but it was a trial run, I'll improve my technique with the next. Unfortunately the best part of the handle is the bottom, but at least it will show when it hangs. The other is from leftover resin that I poured into a pvc mold and when it got tall enough I turned the brush handle, which I gave away at Badger & Blade. It turned out better than expected considering it was nothing more than leftover resin from pens & brushes. Silmar resin, dyes, & mica powders were used on the striped one, Silmar & mica on the pine cone brush. In the future I'll probably use Alumilite for the cones even though I prefer the shine I get from S41.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

I really like the pine cone and your choice of colors in your resin. Can't wait to see what you come up with next Jay!

Thanks Steve. I hope the one I cast with the sweet gum pods you sent turns out better. The first one had too many voids due to the black colored resin setting too fast. For some reason black mica powder sets faster than any other color, at least for me.

Top Bottom