2 Duraclick EDC Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tjseagrove

tjseagrove

A couple of pens I made for my sister and her boyfriend who own a BIGGBY Coffee franchise. Flying down the see her today and excited to present them to her and her boyfriend tonight.

The black one is a bit shorter than the other. That was from my first attempt trimming with my new Woodpeckers barrel trimmer. WOW that is a great item but watch out...it trims like melted butter!!

The pen is forgiving as I was able to trim the extender on top of the ink refill and now the refill retracts as it should.

Tom

Attachments

• B879CAD2-EA4C-4647-B322-E68BAFCAC0CF.jpeg
    B879CAD2-EA4C-4647-B322-E68BAFCAC0CF.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nice set. I've also needed to trim down the refill on EDC's at times. Not ideal, but it does work.

Great gift set.

magpens

Nice pens, Tom !!! . Keep up the good work !!

I am sure glad that the pen kit "industry" has started incorporating the Schmidt click mechanism(s) into some of their designs.

IMHO, this is a fairly big step forward and I think/hope that there will be a few more steps to follow.

I like the "DuraClick EDC", by PSI. . PSI also has the "Everyday Classic". . There might even be one more .... somebody mention it, please.

Berea has the "Blade" and the "Sierra Super Button Click". . ... www.bereahardwoods.com ...

And, William Wood-Write (in Canada) has the "Luxor". . ... www.penblanks.ca ...

I encourage all to have a look at these fairly new pen kits and give some encouragement to the designers/manufacturers/vendors behind these.

For anybody interested in doing a custom ballpoint click design, the click mechanisms can be purchased individually from Richard Greenwald and also from another source in the US, whose name slips my mind right now.

Last edited:

tjseagrove

I should add that I used the PTownsubbie label jig to align the labels and his recommended label paper from onlinelabels.com Cast under pressure with Alumilite. Designed using Affinity Photo.

stuckinohio

The other source Mal mentioned is

Be advised, they offer a black coated version now, though I have not tried that coating yet.

I have ordered from Milan However and spoken to him via phone a couple times. He has top notch customer service and has shipped quickly. He also offers twist mechanisms and parts.

Lewis

Top Bottom