2 Dips and an El Grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

These are the first 2 dip pens I have made Maple/Gonga Alves and Maple/Walnut.

2005101714139_Dips.jpg

Also I have beeen playing with dyes so this is a Box ELder Burl that I dyed "Dark Walnut".

2005101714158_BEBDyed2.jpg

As always comments and critiques are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Great looking dip pens. The box elder I would not consider good to dye it black walnut. It just begs to be lightened up.

I don't know, Johnny. To me the El Grande is what I call an "attorney pen" in that it looks like one an attorney would be proud to have on his desk.

PenWorks

Really nice job on the dips pens, where did you find the nibs? They look black.

Great dye job as well on the box elder, good loookin pen

vick

Thanks every one.
Anthony I got the nibs in one of those dip pen set you can get cheep at Michaels. The nib is silver but there is another part that snaps on to that is the black thing you are seeing. I am not sure if it is supposed to be their or not . If any one has any info I would appreciate it, I know nothing about dip pens.

alamocdc

Nice DPs, Mike. Fine job on the El Grande. I like BEB and I like it dyed. But I also like Walnut burl and would probably just have used that if that was the look I was after. I'm not saying this looks bad, or was a bad idea, I'm just not sure I understand the logic. Again, you did a very good job on it and the finish looks fantastic!

vick

Frank,
They actually make a part to insert the nib into
http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/shop/showmproduct.cfm?pid=227
bad news is this company us in England so the shipping will cost as much as the insert.
Deere41h was kind enough to send me a couple to try that he had extra.
Michaels is a craft supplies chain, I know art supplies stores often carry them as well.

Deere41h

Michael.... The dip pens turned out great. I like them. A calligraphy friend of mine has been using some of mine and she likes the ones that have a small shaft to hang on to. Looks like you have made them nice and small.

The black portion of the nib is there to hold a small amount of ink so you don't have to keep dipping every min. or so. It is common on most calligraphy nibs. Nice job.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

vick

Thanks again for the insert. I have to admit I like making thedip pens a lot. I think I am going to run out of places to get rid of them really quick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom