2 days of woodworking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

But not the fun kind. Completely sanded the entire deck. At least its not to big 16 x 24. I did buy a wood restored tool, basically a hand held drum sander was a game changer though. Even made a jig to hold the spindles for sanding. Last time I sanded the spindles while still attached, this time I just took them off sanded them and the board they are attached to and screwed them back on. Bought some chocolate brown stain and planning on doing that next weekend. I hurt too much to do it tomorrow. I'm getting too old for this stuff. 2nd picture is the spindle holding jig
E3722A2E-90AE-41BF-BA5A-E81891B9A8C6.jpeg
74ECDBB6-6004-43F1-848A-3657BAB1E122.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I know the exhaustion you get from that. My deck is 33 years old, pressure treated lumber. I had the same battle with my deck 2 years ago, and it seems every 3-4 years before that. I finally gave up, used a pressure washer to clean the wood, then used an opaque stain. The only way it would ever look as nice as yours would be to replace it.

Ray-CA

KenB259

I know the exhaustion you get from that. My deck is 33 years old, pressure treated lumber. I had the same battle with my deck 2 years ago, and it seems every 3-4 years before that. I finally gave up, used a pressure washer to clean the wood, then used an opaque stain. The only way it would ever look as nice as yours would be to replace it.
I think that's what we're doing from now on. The new stain is opaque too.

Top Bottom