2/25/2017 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Magicbob has us set up for our next meeting:

February 25, 2017 (Saturday)

HARTVILLE HARDWARE (Meet in the Mill Room)

1315 Edison Street, NW
Hartville, Ohio 44632

For new attendees, enter from the west side of the building, on the lower level,
and ask for directions to the Mill Room - for the "Penturner's Meeting."

Meeting starts about 2:00 PM, and usually lasts 1.5 - 2.5 hrs.

ANYONE is welcome, and feel free to bring others.

Any volunteers for a demo??? Or any suggestions for what you would like to see.

PM if you suspect you may attend.​

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've gotten positive replies from 2 new Ohio members, so the chapter may be growing!!!

FYI: I do hope others will volunteer for demos; but Mike Broberg twisted my mandrel to see the Chevron Blank Construction process. So I'll do a demo at this meeting on how to make your own Chevron Blanks.

Teaser for those peeking: YES, these are actually EASY! Just a few steps and a bit of patience.

View in Gallery

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark send me a note if you want to ride together.
Bob

I'm planning on attending

Welcome Steve! There may be a shuttle leaving from Medina, so if you want to hop a ride, PM me.

This is a very relaxed group.

We'll set any group rides in a few weeks. All is well. Sounds like fun.

Cheers, Mark

Thanks Mark! I'm excited to be getting back into penturning. I'll PM you a couple of days prior to the meeting about catching the shuttle, thanks for the invitation.

Steve

Bob and Steve:

We can chat the week before to arrange rides and see who is attending. Glad for the interest!

Mark

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
oh, pencil me in. It's somewhat close to me, but if there's anybody in the Ashtabula area that want's to carpool.....

Get to Medina in the later AM, and we can shuttle! I'm only 1 mile from I-71, so it would be a good stop. Coffee, bagels, donuts, relax for the drive to Hartville. :rolleyes:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
oh, pencil me in. It's somewhat close to me, but if there's anybody in the Ashtabula area that want's to carpool.....

Get to Medina in the later AM, and we can shuttle! I'm only 1 mile from I-71, so it would be a good stop. Coffee, bagels, donuts, relax for the drive to Hartville. :rolleyes:

I'm closer to hartville than I am Medina :)

...Yea, I misread! Ashtabula looked like Sandusky (Other than all the letters :redface::redface::redface:).

Be well!

stuckinohio

If anyone has done a kitless clicker using the Schmidt click mechanism and you still have it, could you bring it with you?

I just finished one and can't get the clicker smooth. I want to compare with yours!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Click measuring contest eh?

Had myself a front row seat to the contest, and I did learn a lot just from watching! Thanks guys.

Mark, Excellent Demo! Thank you. Think I might have to give one of those a try.

For those that didn't know, I was the guy in the green jacket and big red beard.

Thanks again!

~Thad

Hi Thad: I know that folks didn't want to use the name stickers, but I (and others) would have loved to know the names of who was attending!

I for one saw you, but not knowing your name, I could not place you with our contact on the IAP forum. I would have loved to chat with folks who I have traded messages with.

Hmnnn... Me thunks next time we should simply "stiff-arm" everyone to have a name tag.

However - Glad you made it and I hope you play with whatever info you got. AND, next time I want to greet you in person! :)

stuckinohio

Great meeting today. Thank you for the great tutorial Mark.

Mike, thanks for bringing the click pen too. Now I know that it isn't my nose cone or pen design. Still lots to work on, but I have a very good start.

I am so anxious for the MPG! I was also happy to win the T-Shirt!

Lewis

Dale Allen

Mark, thanks for the great demo. Hope you didn't mind all my questions.
Now I have a new way of making blanks that I will just have to try. So many things to do and so few hours.
I really enjoyed meeting everyone. I would have worn a name tag but I did not know where they were. I'll wear one for sure next time. They should be mandatory for the MPG, maybe they are. Thanks again all.

Dale

Marmotjr

I think tags should be mandatory, but require First name and user name.

Oh, and another thing I wanted to add to the requested demos list, Metal Lathe usage. Kinda goes along with the kitless pens?

Top Bottom