1st turn since March!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

Well since the covid came in and the oilfield has almost shutdown, it has slowed down my ability to get back in to turning things. Our work is based from week to week right now but we are surviving. But I did see a couple of those artesian lighters posted and thought they were pretty cool. I bought 2 kits, bushings and a drill bit, Lol, and made one the other day. I'm saving the other kit for maybe a gift one day. Anyway, it felt good to be on the lathe though it really didn't take long to turn it. Lol I turned it with an acrylic blank I had. These tubes are short and when I tried to drill the first one, it cracked and broke the blank. So I took the rest of the blank, about 3" long and just drilled the whole thing and it went ok. I guess the small size of these was a little too much pressure on the blank. I always drill slow and pull it up frequently to clean the flutes. Oh well, finished lighter.

Blue Lighter.jpg
Blue Lighter2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Wonder if that was my post asking if anyone had tried those kits. Well, I guess someone has now, LOL. I still haven't purchased one. It looks great . Does it feel fairly well made ? Seemed like it would go well with one of the single tube cigar humidors as a gift set.

bsshog40

Good to see you back turning. Like Mark said. things are stressful these day, are stressful, hand in there.

Stay safe and Healthy.

Nice looking lighter. Keep it out of. California as we have to much fire these days!!!!! :mad:
Yea my mom lives in the San Joaquin valley. They have a lot of the smoke over there.

Top Bottom