1st successful coffee pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from juteck

juteck

My daughter now works at Starbucks and has become a coffee snob, so I thought it would be fitting to make her a coffee pen. I've tried these before, but between blowouts and bad finishes, this was the first real successful one I've finished (although not perfect......she was happy).

C&C always welcome.

Coffee_zps520d3893.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great one John,
I'll have a Short Black, Please!
A Terrific reason to make a Pen.
Nice Blank, Excellent Fit and Finish.
No wonder your daughter was delighted.
Congratulations,
Brian.

tgsean

Love that pen. I've ordered some from US, hope to get them soon. I love coffee so I think I will enjoy turning that. You mentioned its hard to get a good finish. What are some of the problems you encountered, and I am sure you've had some solutions, as this one has turned out really well!

juteck

Love that pen. I've ordered some from US, hope to get them soon. I love coffee so I think I will enjoy turning that. You mentioned its hard to get a good finish. What are some of the problems you encountered, and I am sure you've had some solutions, as this one has turned out really well!

One problem is the pieces of the beans pop out and you have to fill the voids. That wasn't much of an issue with this pen. Another problem is the oils from the beans continue to seep out of the beans, making it hard to get a good finish. I didn't really have that problem with this pen either. So turning and CA finish actually went by fairly well.

Top Bottom