1st go at kitless rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dogrunner

dogrunner

my first try at a kitless rollerball. I cast the blank out of alumalite but I don't think I used enough mica powder its pretty clear. ill have to work on my casting skills.
DSCN0364_3_2_1.JPG

DSCN0362_2_2_1.JPG

DSCN0365_4_2_1.JPG

DSCN0368_1_2_1.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Congrats on your 1st kitless!! Interesting how you did the section/nose cone. I don't see threads on the nib end of the section so I'm thinking you either step drilled through the whole section or glued the nose cone into the section? Depending on the refill I'm using 3-4 different sized bits for the nose cone and threading it into the section with a 8x.75.....I'm still working on my 1st kitless rb and it's cool to see how other people are doing theirs.

dogrunner

Congrats on your 1st kitless!! Interesting how you did the section/nose cone. I don't see threads on the nib end of the section so I'm thinking you either step drilled through the whole section or glued the nose cone into the section? Depending on the refill I'm using 3-4 different sized bits for the nose cone and threading it into the section with a 8x.75.....I'm still working on my 1st kitless rb and it's cool to see how other people are doing theirs.

It's threaded with 9mm x.75 thread

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You may need to put some dye in it as well as more mica. Even with more Mica and dye it will be translucent at the thinner spots. Great beginings, anything you would share with those that are trying to do theirs?

Top Bottom