1st attempt with Abalone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprsbux2

Sprsbux2

20191101_110528.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

Very nice pen. I do think it would show better with a different background as the shell compete with the pen. Just my opinion.
Larry

DrD

I have been wanting to see a pen with abalone tube(s), and yours is really nice; thank you for showing. 99% of the pens I turn have 2 tubes, and the cost for nice looking abalone in 2 tube sets will most likely prevent me from ever turning an abalone pen. Great looking pen.

Alan Morrison

That pen stands out from the crowd, Eric. Lovely job
Like Larry says it would stand out even better with a different background.
Alan

Kenny Durrant

Nice. The background pieces, is that the material you made the blank from? It also looks like you cut the pieces to interlock like a puzzle. I've tried using the stuff they use to wrap fishing rods with and it cracked when I tried bending it around the tube and I wasn't going to be happy with the seam. Nice job on the blank and pen.

Very nice pen. I do think it would show better with a different background as the shell compete with the pen. Just my opinion.
Larry

Agree with you on this one. I'm color blind, all I see is the pen tip against a dark background. I looked at a lot of pictures that have a pen in them I can't see. Probably a beautiful pen, but I wouldn't know. I think there's others with the same color problems.

Sprsbux2

Thx to all that have responded so far! As I've said to one particular responder,it makes me feel good to get such positive feedback about a project like this,and also the constructive criticism about the photo! It will be taken to heart,as I am still learning about this art,including the photography portion...obviously! I appreciate all of you! All the best to all of you!

Top Bottom