1959 Powermatic P90 VFD add on (control box)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Decided to go ahead and put the VFD in an enclosure and control the motor speed with an external potentiometer instead of the drive buttons. This will help protect the drive from dust and such and gives me a spot to mount the tachometer read outs.

The upper (green) display on the left will show spindle speed, which is the most important for turning. This can be adjusted by the combined VFD and reeves drive for various motor speed/sheave ratios.

The lower (red) display on the left will show the actual motor speed. This is for reference but is important for 2 reasons. You do not want to run your motor too slow or can overheat and shorten the life. The other is measure which combinations of motor speed and reeves drive position give me what I want, so it is repeatable.

Still have to add cooling air intake (baffled to help minimize dust intake), exhaust and wiring. Oh, and a separate power supply for the tachs. Then get it mounted.

8A479534-67BA-449E-92E6-61C224C0C16E.jpeg53890062-F3BF-444D-B362-985CA2291A84.jpeg

Top Bottom