1911 Grips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Woodnknots

I made my first custom grips today. one set from Lignum Vitae, and this set from Cocabolo. The gun is a Kimber Custom II 1911.

Attachments

• grips.jpg
    grips.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Those look great. I've done a few sets myself. And have made some expensive firewood trying to get the holes just right.

Be careful, making grips is about as addictive as making those cylindrical things filled with ink that people write with.:wink:

Woodnknots

Beautiful grips, although I would recommend checkering before squeezing one off in this bad boy.

Ben

I squeezed off a full clip, and they are much more comfortable than my stock rubber grips. I'm not a huge fan of the checkering. Feels much warmer in my hands this way. I wouldn't even know how to go about checkering them.

Woodnknots

Those look great. I've done a few sets myself. And have made some expensive firewood trying to get the holes just right.

Be careful, making grips is about as addictive as making those cylindrical things filled with ink that people write with.:wink:

I used the stock grips and a drift punch to line up the holes. Then widened the holes both under and over to mimick what I saw in the stock grips. They fit great. The Lignum Vitae look pretty good too, but I stuck with the Cocabolo. I think I'll sell the other set.

BSea

I used the stock grips and a drift punch to line up the holes. Then widened the holes both under and over to mimick what I saw in the stock grips. They fit great. The Lignum Vitae look pretty good too, but I stuck with the Cocabolo. I think I'll sell the other set.
I need to make a few more sets. I think I have the hole thing figured out. Part of my original problem was a lack of space to work properly. I've since built a workbench to hold most of my tools including my lathe & drill press.

BTW, I only see 1 attachment in your original post.

Top Bottom