VOTE 18TH Bash Advanced Kit Vote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Choose your two favourite entries (larger photos below)

Votes: 16 12.7%

Votes: 42 33.3%

Votes: 103 81.7%

Votes: 8 6.3%

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darrin1200

18th Bash Advanced Kit Vote

Please check out the entries below. Our members are rapidly pushing their skills.

There are 5 great entries to choose from.

There is a great inspirations show how simply customizing a variety of pieces from a standard kit, can create unique works of art. While photos cannot always do justice, please pay attention to the:
  • technique
  • ingenuity
  • fit and finish
  • as well as your personal feel.

I am letting you choose your two Favourites.
If I have done it right the contest should be open until Saturday. Allowing the winner to be announced on Sunday, before the end of the Bash.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Entry 01
Title of Your Entry:
Base Kit Used: Navigator
Description: Finial, decorative rings on the centerband and brass section of the lower cap replaced with Gabon ebony. Sycamore.

18th AdvKit 01-1.jpeg

darrin1200

Entry 02
Title of Your Entry: Gold Amboyna burl jr. Gentleman
Base Kit Used: Gun metal jr. Gentleman
Description: I removed the cap and bottom of the pen body. I used gold amboyna burl with African blackwood. I also inlaid gold amboyna burl into the blackwood. This was my first ever attempt at something like this. I really admire those who have been doing these types of pens. They really require alot of planning and patience!

18th AdvKit 02-1.jpg
18th AdvKit 02-2.jpg

darrin1200

Entry 03
Title of Your Entry: Black palm and bone cigar roller ball
Base Kit Used: Jr Gent
Description: I used black palm for this pen, and bone for decoration. Finish is CA, not glossy.
I did not use the finials, nor the clip (I added a bone roll stop), nor the visible part of the center band of the kit. As the pen is clipless, I made a matching rest: pen and rest are intended to all be together.
For the user to stay concentrated when writing, bone decoration is mainly on the cap, around the roll stop, except for a bone dot at the end of the barrel for a visual fit.

18th AdvKit 03-1.JPG
18th AdvKit 03-2.JPG
18th AdvKit 03-3.JPG

darrin1200

Entry 04
Title of Your Entry: African Pen
Base Kit Used: Streamline
Description: The 2 components not used were the nib and centre band, but made by me.
The clip and finial from the kit were used.
The African timbers used are Tambuti and African Blackwood.

18th AdvKit 04-1.jpg
18th AdvKit 04-2.jpg

darrin1200

Entry 05
Title of Your Entry: Petrified Wood and Brass
Base Kit Used: Artisan Aero
Description: In making this pen, I kept the clip and transmission of the Artisan Aero and eliminated the two tip pieces. For the barrel, I used a piece of petrified wood which I drilled using shop made diamond bits. After gluing the brass tubes I turned it to rough size using a lapidary lathe I designed and built. I used diamond "files" to bring to final size and then polished to 6000 using diamond resin pads. The tip and end cap were drilled and turned from brass rod.

18th AdvKit 05-1.jpeg
18th AdvKit 05-2.jpeg
18th AdvKit 05-3.jpeg

jrista

Man... Some darn good pens!! Having trouble choosing for both kitless and advanced...

Top Bottom