18 year anniversary here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Out 200th member! Bill, I still have some gorgeous Cocobolo you sold me way back when. Good to know you're still out there.

jttheclockman

Out 200th member! Bill, I still have some gorgeous Cocobolo you sold me way back when. Good to know you're still out there.
If you are #4 was Scott #1 and who were in front of you?

I am #999 BABY ( Aaron Judge reference);) I would have been signed sooner but sat back some time before I joined just to see what this was all about. I remember I was not even turning pens yet but thought about it and was doing some intel. Saw this process at a woodworking show and Craft Supply USA was demoing. Boy many $$$$$ later and it is history.

ilikewood

I was #200?? Wow, you're aging me. LOL!! I still have about 50 of the most select Cocobolo left. I also have my select blanks (about 200 species) still in my storage. Lost my shop in a divorce, so I don't turn much now. It's weather dependent now.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If you are #4 was Scott #1 and who were in front of you?

I am #999 BABY ( Aaron Judge reference);) I would have been signed sooner but sat back some time before I joined just to see what this was all about. I remember I was not even turning pens yet but thought about it and was doing some intel. Saw this process at a woodworking show and Craft Supply USA was demoing. Boy many $$$$$ later and it is history.
#1 is my original admin account
#2 is Scott
$3 is a backup admin account
#4 is me

One of these spare moments I'll pull a list of the original 1000 members and see who is still around.

leehljp

Member Liaison
You are getting old Bill. I am a year behind you!

Jeff,
I remember that in the past, we could put our cursor on a persons screen name and it would show the member's number at the bottom of the screen. I can't get it to do that anymore. Is it my browser or has the forum changed.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You are getting old Bill. I am a year behind you!

Jeff,
I remember that in the past, we could put our cursor on a persons screen name and it would show the member's number at the bottom of the screen. I can't get it to do that anymore. Is it my browser or has the forum changed.
Lee, you come up as member #940 as I hover over your name.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Lee, you come up as member #940 as I hover over your name.
Yes, that is correct, but my browser is not allowing it. I am going to try another browser and see if it works there.

OK, I tried it on another browser and it worked there. I'm going to check my settings on my current browser. Thanks Mark.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just for fun I ran a query for member ID of 200 or under who visited within the last 3 months. The list is short!

Graybeards.JPG

jttheclockman

Now everyone is talking about cocobolo blanks, I found a box of them last year as I was sorting pen stuff and have no idea where I got them from and maybe part of that group too. Has to be quite old too looking at the box condition. Interesting.

ilikewood

Good to hear from you Bill. I too still have a couple of your cocobolo blanks in my "select" drawer. I hope we hear from you a bit more often.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
I had access to a huge supply of Cocobolo back then. Unfortunately, the company went out of business (gun stock/grip manufacturer). Oh well. I got what I could!! LOL

jttheclockman

I think I remember sending you a box of 10. That was a long time ago. John Terefenko. Brings back a memory or two.
As I said I bet you did. Have to say I still have it and placed it in my blank storage racks. I went through a clean out process because I was having work done on my kitchen and bath this year so last year I had to clear areas in the basement and organized much of my pen stuff because it was in all kinds of boxes. That is how I found it. It is some beautiful wood.

Wow, I just realized I passed my 18 year anniversary of joining this group here. I joined in May 2004.

Dang....I just realized how old I am!! 🤣🤣

Always lurking, so I'm still around.
Made me look up my join date... Sep 2006... almost 16 years.... I found this forum almost a year after moving from Houston to Tellico Plains....
I've given up making pens, but still turn regularly, mostly pepper mills and bowls.... I still hang around to see what I can learn and
I find the forum to be an interesting place to hang out.
While in Houston I did belong to another pen turning forum, but haven't been back there in years.

Top Bottom