150 Coats of GluBoost...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Sure does beat the 300 I would have put on if I hadn't been using GluBoost. I used three coats of thick followed by two coats of thin with a shot of accelerator between each. Sanded with 400 and then micromesh and buffing. They are all gun metal sierras.

30 BOW pens as gifts to people who went on a tour of Israel with me in May. Shout out to Ed at Exotic Blanks, I bought 17 sticks of BOW from Exotics and every one has fantastic grain and figure.

30 Olivewood pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

No wonder why we haven't heard much from you. Awesome pens. How was the trip?

The trip was fantastic. After 24 years serving my congregation they made the trip a part of my sabbatical. My son is also a pastor and his church sent him on the trip as well making it that much more enjoyable. Israel is so much smaller than we are used to here in the states. The Sea of Galilee is smaller than you would expect - you can easily see across it from Tiberias to the Golan Heights. I can't imagine walking across it though :)

One highlight for me was reading the Beatitudes to our group while standing on the Mount of Beatitudes, near the spot where Jesus originally gave the sermon on the mount. So many amazing experiences and history. I am so thankful for those from my congregation that donated to make it possible. Thanks for asking.

Also, since I am on sabbatical, I am spending most of the four months (which began after Easter) away from home as I travel to see family. I'm off to Minnesota next week, so I may not be on much again until September when I return from the time off.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful set Steve. I'm not sure I'd enjoy doing that many pens in a week, but your results are very nice. I'm saving your process on using Glu Boost. I bought some at the last MPG and have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

ramaroodle

Very nice. Just as an aside I found that with Gluboost I can skip the micromesh and use rubbing compound instead then buff.

Top Bottom