#12 - First step less

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickR

PatrickR

One for my wife. She doesn't like large pens.
Rose gold #6 Bock B
Pensmiths Bublegum Pink with Light Pink and Lavender crush rings.
roll stop is a rose gold
2B0900B1-DB6B-4871-B8CC-8F450770B596.jpeg
95F82C37-D16D-4BC0-BDEF-2F7DF12E8D0B.jpeg
449C1E3B-DA83-4A42-A19C-4CE3CB5B9A1B.jpeg
ring purchased on etsy
20g without ink
13mm barrel
14.6mm Cap
131mm long (5.15")
Post able
Q,C & C welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

Beautiful pen! I was reading your thread on step-less construction and did not really understand. Now I do. It looks great!

its_virgil

Very Nice. Love the blank and your rings. The "stepless" construction is different and I like that too! I will be giving that a try. Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PatrickR

Beautiful pen! I was reading your thread on step-less construction and did not really understand. Now I do. It looks great!
Thanks!
I added info to that thread that you may find useful when you try it out. I will be making more. Fat pens aren't for everyone and it has a sleeker look and feel. At some point I will do some at 12mm. 11mm could be problematic for a FP but should work well for a rollerball.

JamesC

PatrickR

Looks like a lot of planning. Curious about the design process here. The pen seems to tell a story. Very cool.
Jim
Thanks.
the design developed over time, based on my wife's wants and likes. Then how to make it happen in a small package.

PatrickR

Can you give a link to the thread. I can't seem to find it.
Thanks,
Don
Here it is Don.

TDahl

Absolutely gorgeous pen Patrick. Your work is amazing. The style (or font) of the "M" really goes well with the color of the material. Very classy. If you don't mind me asking, how did you secure the ring to the cap? Is it just a friction fit? Thank you for sharing.

PatrickR

Absolutely gorgeous pen Patrick. Your work is amazing. The style (or font) of the "M" really goes well with the color of the material. Very classy. If you don't mind me asking, how did you secure the ring to the cap? Is it just a friction fit? Thank you for sharing.
Thanks!
the ring came as adjustable with overlapping ends. I cut the ends so that they butt and masked the area then used gel CA to hold it. Time will tell how well it holds. If I do another I think I will bend returns where the ends meet and set them in shallow holes first. The best way, if I can engineer it would be to set it in under a cap like a clip.

Last edited:

Valleyboy

One for my wife. She doesn't like large pens.
Rose gold #6 Bock B
Pensmiths Bublegum Pink with Light Pink and Lavender crush rings.
roll stop is a rose gold View attachment 336169View attachment 336170View attachment 336171ring purchased on etsy
20g without ink
13mm barrel
14.6mm Cap
131mm long (5.15")
Post able
Q,C & C welcome.
Very nice, well executed and a little bit different too, which is really good to see.
I was thinking recently about how you might use a ring as a roll stop as I hadn't seen it before so I like what you've done here.
Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom