100th Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lshafer

lshafer

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Messages
11
Location
Phoenix, AZ
I decided to celebrate the 100th pen after just over 3 months of turning with this. It's a Jr George in antique silver with Amboyna Burl. All from Turners Warehouse in PHX. I think turned out rather well.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm happy to receive constructive criticism. I want to get better. I feel like this is pretty darn good though…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6859.jpeg
    IMG_6859.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6860.jpeg
    IMG_6860.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6863.jpeg
    IMG_6863.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6864.jpeg
    IMG_6864.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6865.jpeg
    IMG_6865.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6868.jpeg
    IMG_6868.jpeg
    982.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6869.jpeg
    IMG_6869.jpeg
    915.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6872.jpeg
    IMG_6872.jpeg
    582.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6873.jpeg
    IMG_6873.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 43
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like the pen - it is nicely done!

I have only one suggestion - since the kit is finished in Antique Silver which is a very low gloss finish, have you considered using a similar matte finish on your blanks? Using a matte finish on the blank would continue and enhance the antique look of the kit in my opinion.

Kevin
 
I like the pen - it is nicely done!

I have only one suggestion - since the kit is finished in Antique Silver which is a very low gloss finish, have you considered using a similar matte finish on your blanks? Using a matte finish on the blank would continue and enhance the antique look of the kit in my opinion.

Kevin
That's a good suggestion and I hadn't considered it for the antique look. Wish I had now. I use Mylands on occasion when I want to keep the natural feel of the wood. That may have been a good play on this one.
 
Back
Top Bottom