10" Wet Sharpener On Sale at Grizzly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

T10010ANV 10" Wet Grinder Kit - Anniversary Edition
Grizzly.com
Currently on sale for $160 until Dec.4th
Anyone familiar with this? Any good? It looks a bit like a Tormek copy.
Thanks!

Sylvanite

It looks just like the Sheppach Tiger (except it's a different color). I have a Sheppach and I'm generally happy with it. The jig it comes with is crappy, but the grinder accepts most of the Tormek jigs (it just doesn't have the "micro-adjust" that comes on the T7). Either way, be prepared to dish out as much (or more) on jigs as on the grinder.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Ed McDonnell

One other consideration is the wheel. It's probably the same grade stone that comes standard with the tormek. Unfortunately, if you use any of the new powder metal / cryo tools (e.g. CPM 10V (A-11)) the standard stone will wear very fast. You would ultimately want to replace it with a silicon carbide stone (black). You would need to check the specs on the Tormek black wheel to see if it would work on your machine. Of course, that Tormek black wheel costs $200, so it's not a trivial upgrade.

If you have regular HSS or carbon steel tools, then the standard wheel that comes with the machine should wear well for you.

Ed

Olsarge

I have the 8 inch model and it does everything I need it to do. I use some of the Tormek jigs and even had the bar modified to fit mine.

Top Bottom