10 Minutes To Better Pen Making - John Underhill - Color Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Just finished posting a new video in my series "10 Minutes To Better Making". This new series is on differentiating yourself in the world of pen making – we will cover casting, turning aluminum pens on a wood lathe, segmenting – on tube and off tube, more coloring, and some of my favorite "novelty" pens. A new video is scheduled for every other week on Sundays. Hopefully if you watch them you will have as much fun watching as we do making them. And there will be a few guest hosts.

In this first video of the new set, I asked John Underhill to host the channel and do a color casting. He really hits it out of the park on this video. If you ever wanted to try color casting – here it is. John goes though all the steps of color casting.

Hope you enjoy the video and we are always looking for topics.

10 Minutes To Better Pen Making - Featuring John Underhill

IntroThumbnail.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks to the both of you. We'll done. I've been casting for years and it's always great to see others in action. I've pick up a few tips on how to make things easier. The spade bit was a great idea. Most of what I do is small batch so I use a wooden stir stick. Occasionally I'll do something on a larger scale and the stick gets a little hectic. Once again Thank You!

Top Bottom