10 Minutes To Better Pen Making - Guest Host - John Underhill (JohnU)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

So the purpose of the channel has always been to promote techniques and share information. With that in mind I have asked a few people to "guest host" and give us a new idea or way to do something. The first to step up (and I hope there will be more from John and / or others) was John Underhill (JohnU). In this video John takes you through a way to differentiate your pens with a custom finial. This is a good one.

10 Minutes - Customer Finial - Click Here For YouTube
Thumbnail - 10 Minutes - Custom Finial.jpg

If you have ideas for other topics - please let me know. As always these are just our thoughts.

I am very happy John stepped up and helped our. Watch and subscribe and I think you will be happy he stepped up also.

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I just ran across this last night. Haven't watched it through just yet, but was thinking about trying a custom finial. Good timing! By the way, this is way more than 10 minutes. ;)

TDahl

Excellent video John. Great job to you both for putting that together. By the way, I am still watching your breakout sessions from Penmakers International MPG. Great Idea to make them available for 30 days. It allowed me to go back and take detailed notes.

sorcerertd

I'm glad I watched this before I attempted to do it. I would have been trying to drill the original finial out because I have to over complicate things. I've thought about using some cabochons for finials, too. Thanks to both @mg_dreyer and @JohnU for this.

JohnU

Thank you Mark for inviting me. It was fun and I'm glad someone can take something from it. Sorry about it being longer than 10 min. I tend to talk too much! šŸ˜¬

sorcerertd

Thank you Mark for inviting me. It was fun and I'm glad someone can take something from it. Sorry about it being longer than 10 min. I tend to talk too much! šŸ˜¬
Haha, that was just a poke at the title. It's worth the few extra minutes on any of these videos that I have watched.

Todd in PA

I watched this video yesterday and found it very interesting and informative. Thank you. I looked at my kits and the ones I already have don't seem to have this kind of finial that could come apart. Would anyone be able to list some kits that this would be a good method for?

Top Bottom