10 double ended Seam Rippers for Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from More4dan

More4dan

These are for a friend as Christmas guys for her Quilting Club. It was a great way to test and tune my pattern tracer adapter on my mini lathe and to work down some acrylic stock. I center drilled the end of my blanks then turned between centers to round just under 3/4" allowing me drill on my lathe using its 3 jaw chuck. By pre-turning round I also get a peak into the blank to pick the best portion to use. I start sanding at 320/500/1000 then micro mesh pads through 12000. I finish up in the buffer with pink rouge till it's a mirror finish.

The shape of the handle allows a polished finish while still giving it the necessary grip without slipping.

I've discovered quilters that typically work in larger groups have been a good way to market these and leads to larger sales. This order started with a gift to a friend that now ordered about a dozen as gifts to her fellow quilters.

Danny

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Very nice and a great way to market your work. I am working on a similar project myself and will post pics once complete.

Top Bottom