$10,000 Burl ..... Group Buy????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

OK, all we need is 10 IAP members to chip in $1,000 each and we got ourselves the ultimate group buy. Have you seen the ad for this tree in ebay? Or maybe 100 members with $100 each? 10,000 with $1 each???? Anybody????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180055942734&rd=1&rd=1

2006112723532_Huge%20Burl%20$10,000.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

Think of the bowl you could get out of that thing! [:0] I'm gonna hafta figure out how to put an outboard chuck on my Jet mini head. I'll need to rewire it for 220 though.[:D]

chitswood

BTW, I'm looking at that "burl" and I'm thinking more and more that its just a large growth, or noodle, I can't see crinnilations in the pictures, and it's not growing on the side of the tree. $10,000 is a lot of money to find out that its not a burl.[}:)][}:)]

Nolan

Hey this is right in my backyard!! Maybe when he decides he cant sell it and my drivers in the area setting a house I can go by and pick it up with the crane.[:D]
Nolan

DocStram

Originally posted by n4631x
<br />Hey this is right in my backyard!! Maybe when he decides he cant sell it and my drivers in the area setting a house I can go by and pick it up with the crane.[:D]
Nolan

Hey Nolan ..... you get that tree ... I expect a finder's fee! (I'll take it in burl)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by thetalbott4
<br />Think of the bowl you could get out of that thing! [:0] I'm gonna hafta figure out how to put an outboard chuck on my Jet mini head. I'll need to rewire it for 220 though.[:D]

While you are at it, you might want to weld the car in the picture on the lathe as counterbalance, you never know, and safety first.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom