1 Pen, 4 new things learned: Cardinal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MRDucks2

MRDucks2

Well, I don't post pens often but enjoyed trying 4 new things on this one. Pleased with the results, even though it did not turn out quite like I was shooting for.

First time Clear casting (Alumilite), first time label cast (weatherproof sheets), first time segmenting (long way from what the pros achieve) and first time using a plastic accent ring (credit card).

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0767.jpg

Lessons learned: Clear/label casting is worth learning; casting tube in for a portion of a blank is achievable; black credit cards are rare and may not actually be black or all black (see bottom accent ring); credit card plastic turns easily; joined Alumilite and Inlace Acrylester turns fine, just be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

This is another of the Knurl GT kits modified to use a Pentel EnerGel LR7 refill. The 3.5" blank gives some nice surface to work with and this shape/refill is popular with the nursing field in my area.

magpens

Nice work, Mike !!! . I really like the shape !!!

The Pentel EnerGel LR7 refill ... how does it compare in length, diam, etc., to a Parker ?

And when mods are required to the Knurl GT to accept the EnerGel refill ?

Will much appreciate your advice here ... I'd like to try this or similar.

gtriever

Wonderful pen! I bought a variety of blank ID card stock, in Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, White, and Black. I think it came from Amazon. Now I need to get some Gisi Segmenting Sheets and some Pickguard.

MRDucks2

Hey, Mal - not sitting with my notes but the only mod is cutting 3/8 tube to 3.5" and swapping out the spring for a shorter, larger diameter one. Search for Knurl GT Rollerball here on IAP and you will find instructions. If you can't find, let me know.

Michael & Butch - Many Thanks. Been digging around town here and coming up empty. Everyone of those plastic gift card things at Kroger are printed on white plastic.

Chuck and Ernie - Thanks and each of you have contributed to me giving this a shot.

Lady that has commissioned it is a huge Cards fan.

Plan to do 2 more, different versions and letting her pick.

Top Bottom