Remember this bowl?- Now with wood pics!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

200682823516_maple11.jpg

I remember that some were very impressed by the color in this maple.
Especially considering that this was only the extreme end of the log.
Well, I got the tree. I cut it into 6ft sections (I'm only using it for turning wood), and I have 6 sections. There was more color in every cut, this tree is brimming with color. It's going to make some VERY expensive vases!!
I had to pay for the tree, so I figured I'd recoup a little and see if anyone would like some bowl blanks from it?
If so, please let me know what sizes everyone would be interested in, and I'll post an individual classified.

Here are some pictures of the chainsawed bowl blanks. You can see, even with rough cutting, how much color is in this wood. When my finger doesn't hurt so much, I'll get back to cutting, and post a classified, and I'll include pen blanks.

2006831185826_P8290008.jpg

2006831185838_P8290009.jpg

2006831185857_P8290010.jpg

200683118598_P8290011.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodnknots

Now we're talking, I'll cut up a bowl blank tonight. Start looking for a classified tonight. BTW, I find it most economical to use flat rate boxes, anything bigger would have to add cost for shipping. I can cut pieces large enough to fill a flat rate box, and you should be able to get all the pieces you need from that. Any thoughts on a fair price? I was running a flat rate box of cherry for $20, because I have a ton of it. I only have the one tree of this, rather special wood. Any thoughts?

alamocdc

I think I got some of that Cherry. Should be good for a discount, no? [:p] $10... no that's not enough. [:0] $30... heck I don't know Dave. I'm not sure I feel right naming my own price.

Just let me know what you want and if I can't afford a FR box full, I'll let you know.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I think I got some of that Cherry. Should be good for a discount, no? [:p]
Gee, since I have'nt posted a price yet.... Sure!![}:)]
I'm sure everyone else will get a similar discount!![}:)][}:)]

Just kidding, I really do try to give return customers special treatment. At markets and shows, as well as with wood.

alamocdc

Dave, I just wanted a FR box full of this Maple. I didn't want you to lose body parts over it. Take your time healing and get better. I have enough bowl blanks to keep me busy until then.[;)]

Woodnknots

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Dave, I just wanted a FR box full of this Maple. I didn't want you to lose body parts over it. Take your time healing and get better. I have enough bowl blanks to keep me busy until then.[;)]
Like I tell all those who buy my wooden art, "There is a little piece of me in everything that leaves my shop"

Hey, maybe that will be my new signature line for my posts?

alamocdc

Dave, I'm still in for a FR box full of bowl blanks and whatever it takes to fill it. Just let me know when you're ready and want me to pay you. But don't rush the healing to do it!

Woodnknots

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />I'd be up for a 10" or bigger bowl blank. When you get around PM a price and we'll go from there. No rush over here either.
10" is not a problem at all, but a flat rate box won't hold it. I'm not sure what the shipping would be on a 10 x 10. I'll look into it as soon as I'm able.
wait, I just checked the usps web site. I can get you a 10" blank, but it's only going to be 3" thick. Is that a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom