Your Age & Join Date & post count

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What is your age?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thepenfriend

51 years young... I am glad I discovered pen turning just wish a little bit younger because it just seems like I have so much more to learn and try but just trying to find time to really do it.
Joined up over a year ago now... June 2015
I haven't posted as much as I'd like to but boy do I try and suck up all the knowledge and information! 35 posts...
Thanks everyone for making this not only a hobby but it feels like I have another family reading all the posts and life events through pen turning!

Penultimate

HI
I'm 57 I try to forget it
I've been turning on and since I was a kid using my Dad's South Bend lathe. He still turns at 88.
I don't get to spend a lot of time turning with work and a 14 year old.
Total Posts: 353, I visit almost every day. There is so much info to read and learn that I don't think there is much for me to add.
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Total Likes
Liked 238 times in 76 posts, thanks for the likes.
General Information
Last Activity: Today 08:45 PM
Current Activity: Replying to Thread Your Age & Join Date & post count
Referrals: 0

magpens

I am 72, post count is 3,275 before this one, and I joined 02-02-2011.

Seems, from the responses so far, that most of our members are over 50 !!!

edicehouse

It looks like some of the other Ed's have not voted, and Jeff, and a few others heavy contributors. Buy as I stated it seems the more experienced in years on this planet are the ones that stay with the forum. Some post regularly and others are lurkers and have been for several years.

leehljp

Member Liaison
It looks like some of the other Ed's have not voted, and Jeff, and a few others heavy contributors. Buy as I stated it seems the more experienced in years on this planet are the ones that stay with the forum. Some post regularly and others are lurkers and have been for several years.

I come on usually twice a day and the items I saw in the morning are so far down the list later on - that I don't see them unless I specifically look for them. POINT: this thread itself is not visible to probably 60% of those that read the Front Page or Quick Links or Active Topics. On the QL or AT lists, rarely do I go through all the pages, usually just the top page. IAP has so many posts that a thread moves out of sight rather quickly.

edicehouse

I come on usually twice a day and the items I saw in the morning are so far down the list later on - that I don't see them unless I specifically look for them. POINT: this thread itself is not visible to probably 60% of those that read the Front Page or Quick Links or Active Topics. On the QL or AT lists, rarely do I go through all the pages, usually just the top page. IAP has so many posts that a thread moves out of sight rather quickly.

There in lies the problem Hank, you need to friend me, Tweet me, follow me, instagram me, myspace me, and paypal me. LOL

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Turned 81 this past July, joined May 2008, 1988 posts.

Living with CHF, no stamina for turning anymore, but I pop in once or twice a day! Sure miss turning pens! Love seeing what others are turning out!

Last edited:
Friend?

So you can "Friend" on here? How?

There in lies the problem Hank, you need to friend me, Tweet me, follow me, instagram me, myspace me, and paypal me. LOL

KBs Pensnmore

Kryn Buitendyk
Age is 64, Joined in Oct 2010 browse on here once a day on average, and have 777 posts.
Love this forum as I've learnt a lot about lifting my standards and finishes, thanks everyone.
Have a few weird and wacky (I think they are) pens I'm trying to complete.
Kryn (as in for cryin out loud)

Last edited:

Argo13

This NOT an old persons hobby. I personally wish I had found it a lot sooner then I did. For me, turning anything brings out the 'kid' in me. It is something I can do for hours or for a few minutes. It helps me put my mind in a happy place and the troubles fade away. Once I walk out of the shop, I have a fresh outlook on life. It gives me a break from the stress of everyday things and allows me to create something different and new.

Couldn't agree more!

49 years old
2/17/13
448 post

I am not meaning to offend anyone, by saying old person hobby, and I wish I had started in my teens or 20's; however that didn't happen.

This is just to see if my theories are right.

Didn't mean to sound offended.I meant I agree I wish I had started earlier because it is a great stress reliever for me.

dmetri93

23 years old
Join date 06-03-2016
3 total posts

I'm relatively new here. Just got into pen turning and turning/wood working in general. I'm only 23 and am disappointed I didn't get started sooner. I really enjoy turning, and this forum is a fantastic resource of information.

jsolie

Just turned 50 a little over a month ago
Joined April 25, 2013
over 1600 posts

My middle son and my son-in-law both make pens and they're in their 20's (one early, one mid)

DigBaddy72

I'll be 44 in December
Joined 1/24/2013
247 posts.

Besides my day job, I am also a professional actor at a local haunted house, and I only turn between late March and late November (depending on the winter in Wisco).

kentonjm

I was 56 in March and joined this past July. This is my 66th post. I have been a woodworker for many years but only started turning earlier this year.

Top Bottom