You MUST see this!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

What is really sad, is i thought someone had really cleaned up some color photos from the early 50s. really cool. thanks for sharing.

barkisini

Whoa!!!!

If that dude isn't already working in Hollywood, he sure should be....beats the tar out of a lot of stuff you see in the movies!

What a talent!

glycerine

Holy Moly! That's nuts! With those skills, that must be the guy who faked the moon landing!!! :biggrin: I'm kidding, I'm not one of those conspiracy theorists..sts..st..s...

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Not only a model maker and craftsman but,what about the photography? Did you notice the foil on top of the marquis to reflect the light onto the building? This guy has done some work!

chiefgreen

Outstanding! Noticed the milk truck, I think a Divco, right near the beginning. Used to drive one of those for my dad, while I was in high school. Didn't realize it was a model. chiefgreen

tomcatchevy

Those are awesome! I had seen these before on our local news. Seems that some people (Europe I think) that had seen his pics online thought it was a real town and emailed him to find out where it was so they could go there. They didn't believe him so this is why he started to put himself in some of the pics. Simply stunning!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Outstanding! Noticed the milk truck, I think a Divco, right near the beginning. Used to drive one of those for my dad, while I was in high school. Didn't realize it was a model. chiefgreen
A friend of mine was a mechanic for Bordens here in Indy back in the day. One of his co-workers who drove the trucks found one intact for sale in New York,and drove out there ,bought it ,and brought it back.

Pepsi

Chuck, That was fantastic, That had to take what would've seemed like an eternity to do. Thanks for letting us in on the show.
Al

I know those were only models, but sure brought back some great memories of the autos of my youth... I actually recognized most of them just by the body styles... I owned a '59 Chevy Impala like the one in your pictures.... mine was red and white... white on top and the trunk deck lid, fire engine red everywhere else... it had a Hersch conversion kit in that took it from an automatic to a 3 speed on the floor.. when I bought it there were rear finder skirts on it, but they came off and I lost them somewhere in my travels... also had a slight rake to the rear... at 85 or so the fins would act like wings and lift the rear so she became a little light in the drive wheels... I think I drove that car about 3 years before I traded it for a 1964 Corvette Stingray.

Great show... thanks for sharing.

Grizz

Banned
Wow... really neat. Borden's dairy truck. Man I remember that .... childhood all over again.

chiefgreen

A friend of mine was a mechanic for Bordens here in Indy back in the day. One of his co-workers who drove the trucks found one intact for sale in New York,and drove out there ,bought it ,and brought it back.

Chuck,
Sure brought back memories, good and bad! Fun to deliver the milk, once I got the handle of driving standing up. Never forget the very first time, balancing on my right foot working the gas pedal and trying to use the clutch with the left foot. I dumped about 4 cases of milk. What a mess! I really like your work, not just for the artistry of it, but for the memories because of it. Thanks again, Chuck.

chiefgreen

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I know those were only models, but sure brought back some great memories of the autos of my youth... I actually recognized most of them just by the body styles... I owned a '59 Chevy Impala like the one in your pictures.... mine was red and white... white on top and the trunk deck lid, fire engine red everywhere else... it had a Hersch conversion kit in that took it from an automatic to a 3 speed on the floor.. when I bought it there were rear finder skirts on it, but they came off and I lost them somewhere in my travels... also had a slight rake to the rear... at 85 or so the fins would act like wings and lift the rear so she became a little light in the drive wheels... I think I drove that car about 3 years before I traded it for a 1964 Corvette Stingray.

Great show... thanks for sharing.
Nice story Chuck.Gotta love those old Chevys!

Wow... really neat. Borden's dairy truck. Man I remember that .... childhood all over again.
I remember too,our driver was always generous with the ice in the summer.It looked cool to drive a truck standing up.

Chuck,
Sure brought back memories, good and bad! Fun to deliver the milk, once I got the handle of driving standing up. Never forget the very first time, balancing on my right foot working the gas pedal and trying to use the clutch with the left foot. I dumped about 4 cases of milk. What a mess! I really like your work, not just for the artistry of it, but for the memories because of it. Thanks again, Chuck.

chiefgreen
Cheif,this isn't my work.I just posted the link.But,I wish I did have this kind of talent. Thanks for the comments though.

DustyDenim

Thanks Chuck for sharing this with us. Yes, I agree you gotta love those old Chevys. I have a soft spot for the Impalas since my parents had one when I was growing up and later I owned an El Camino. Hey, by the way, did you ever get your El Camino spiffed up like we had talked about back in the winter? If so, I would like to see some pictures of it please.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Chuck for sharing this with us. Yes, I agree you gotta love those old Chevys. I have a soft spot for the Impalas since my parents had one when I was growing up and later I owned an El Camino. Hey, by the way, did you ever get your El Camino spiffed up like we had talked about back in the winter? If so, I would like to see some pictures of it please.
A friend of mine bought 63&64 Impalas with the 427 Hurst 4 speed and would let me do the shifting while he drove. That was great at the time.

I was holding off on posting pics of the El Camino.It HAS been painted but,not wet sanded & buffed yet.It's in Pensicola and my cousin says it's been too hot but,will get it done soon. He will send pics after it's finished.Thanks for asking about it.

bitshird

That was amazing, this man has an extraordinary talent, I knew one of the Model makers that worked for MGM and he had some of the neatest stuff I'd seen but nothing like this. WOW

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That was amazing, this man has an extraordinary talent, I knew one of the Model makers that worked for MGM and he had some of the neatest stuff I'd seen but nothing like this. WOW
Good to see you back here Ken.Yeh,amazing is right. Must be certain brain chemicals on steroids or something.Only a limited number of people can do this stuff as well as this guy.

Awesome truly awesome
I seen something like this when I was over the pond at Old Town in Kissesseme and there was a saturday nite of vintage cars touring round the green
Thanks
wullie

Top Bottom