You Be The Judge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I agree that shine sells, but the more I use a pen, the more I want it to feel like wood. So the answer is obviously - "Both".

Some people say the oils that are absorbed make the wood look dirty and worn. Others call it patina, and like the fact that it looks used and antique.

How's that for straddling the fence.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
One "final" comment. As a poll, this one is severely flawed. I am no pollster, but when a choice is worded to slant the results in one way or another, it is invalid.

The original question put "warm fuzzies" on the satin finish and pushed the gloss finish toward the popularity of Dracula.

Personally, I prefer a gloss finish, but I can also identify with the folk who like a satin finish. I think of the gloss finish as "jewel-like" rather than "cold plastic". Get my drift?

Sorry, the Engineer side of me just couldn't stay bottled up any longer.

Dan Masshardt

One "final" comment. As a poll, this one is severely flawed. I am no pollster, but when a choice is worded to slant the results in one way or another, it is invalid. The original question put "warm fuzzies" on the satin finish and pushed the gloss finish toward the popularity of Dracula. Personally, I prefer a gloss finish, but I can also identify with the folk who like a satin finish. I think of the gloss finish as "jewel-like" rather than "cold plastic". Get my drift? Sorry, the Engineer side of me just couldn't stay bottled up any longer.

Even though the language may have been slanted one way, the comments went the opposite way mostly.

StuartCovey

I always love the glossy look. I think it gives it a more professional look.
Great pens by the way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom