YooHoo, New Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Well I did get my new PW drill press and the JET 1221 Lathe. What some awesome toys er tools. The DP is a beast, was a little low for my liking so I made a mobile base which raised it up about 3 inches putting it at a more desirable working height for me. The Jet, as you can see is mounted on a Delta stand, my Delta lathe decided to move to Louisiana without me and left this wonderful stand which with an adapter plate on each end was a perfect fit for the Jet, saved me $300 plus bucks. These Make my pen turning palace complete now I just need more time.

Attachments

• Jet Lathe 009.jpg
    Jet Lathe 009.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Jet Lathe 010.jpg
    Jet Lathe 010.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Jet Lathe 013.jpg
    Jet Lathe 013.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Jet Lathe 014.jpg
    Jet Lathe 014.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

The legs is from my old Delta lathe, I just cut some 3/16" plate 5X9" and bolted them onto the stand, drilled holes to mount the Jet. There are drilling instructions in the supplied book that came with the Jet. This is a very sturdy base and did save me over $300. As for a clean shop, you should see all of it. I did sweep up prior to taking the pictures as the table on the drill was completly covered with drill shavings and the floor was about an inch thick from recent turnings even using the vacume which only helps a little with the lathe.
Yes I do have the big mustard, an awesome machine quiet, powerful and smooth, a joy to use. And yes I do hide from Momma in there, but as always, she finds me which most times I don't mind, it usually is for my benifit....I still love to eat. Thanks All Robbie

Top Bottom