Lessons Learned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Companies spend millions of dollars a year studying and using different forms of lessons learned, Lean Six Sigma, ETC.

Now from a pen turning I am sure there are pointers that can be given to people from people on here? What are your top 3 or 5 or whatever?

Mine are:

5. If you don't screw up you are not trying.
4. Always have spare tubes.
3. If you have a pen you "have" to have done tomorrow, have an extra blank/pen kit, because one of these times you will screw it up!
2. If 25% of the "I will get that pen next week" actually happen you might be able to retire early.

and my #1 tip:

1. Do not start "giving" your pens to your spouse, because then they come up missing sparatically.

(make checks payable to Ed DePietro since I am the originator of "Lean Pen Sigma") LOL

Scruffy

I'm glad to see ..

that I'm not the only one that has these experiences.

Also,

- Any part you drop will be lost or broken, if it is critical.
- If I really like an unidentified piece of wood, I have no idea what it is.
- Everything in my scrap pile is almost the right size.
- It seems people only request pen styles I don't have.
- If I buy a number of kits of a pen style, people don't want them any more.

Some body once told me they were getting paranoid. I said they should not worry, she was not paranoid that we actually got together once a week to plan out how to mess with her mind. :)

cnirenberg

Ed,
Yeah those are good lessons learned. We all need to be reminded that, its just a pen, not a spaceship part or something like that. This excludes those who have been successfully making the spaceship parts of course.... (Skippy, Bluwolf, MRedburn, Bradtheanodiser, and addyournamehereif youwanttofeelbetter).

Top Bottom