Would you buy a GOLD NIB ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imported poll question missed, please edit

• No interest, fountain pens are for lovers, not me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I would buy 1-5 for the Statesmen/Gent

• Yes, I would buy 1-5 for the Jr/Baron size.

• Yes, I would be interested in both sizes.Gent & Gent Jr.

• I would commit an order for over 10

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I am researching the possibility of having 14K gold nibs manufactured for use in the Statesmen/Gentlemen size and the Statesmen Jr/Baron size.
I have no idea as to the cost yet. But assuming a benchmark price of $50.00 for a gold nib that you could screw in place instead of the steel nib. Would you be interested in the following.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Anthony,
I've never built a Statesman, Jr, or Baron, but I'd commit to a few. I assume that the nib has some sort of standard thread like M10 x 1 or M10 x .75.

Fred in NC

That is a good question, Bruce. Being able to put the nib in a non-kit pen would be a plus. This implies being able to cut the threads in the barrel. A tap would be a necessity, and it needs to be available somewhere, not a custom made and very expensive tap.

Anthony, do you know what the threads are for the Statesman and Baron? Thanks!

PenWorks

Bruce, Although still in the preliminary stage, and they have not recieved my samples yet. I am assumiing, they are making the nib,feeder system and the housing. I would still have to make the housing for this to slip into with threads so it can be screwed into place as a replacement part.

ilikewood

Anthony, would the same nib fit other types such as the Gents Jr or Gents full size? These sizes are more universal for other kits as well.

PenWorks

Another thought I had, was making the housing that holds the nib & feeder out of black ebonite or resin. This way it would be more universal for whatever finish you choose for a kit. It would blend with , platinum, gold, black ti & sterling finishes.

Gary

Anthony, the poll only gives you one option. I would be willing to buy some for both the Statesman and the Jr. Statesman.

KKingery

Hard for me to commit since I have'nt made any of the above kits yet, but - since I start a new job tomorrow, there may finally be a little extra money in the kitty for something like this!

dozuki

i have just started making pens. where do you find the genlemens pen. On the other hand I have been using fountain pens for years and i would commit to one or two for future projects

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by dozuki
<br />i have just started making pens. where do you find the genlemens pen. On the other hand I have been using fountain pens for years and i would commit to one or two for future projects

Paul,

CUSA carries the Gentleman and Jr Gent pens woodturnerscatalog.com

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Dozuki, this is just my 2 cents, but instead of the Jr Gent I would look at the Baron sold by www.arizonasilhouette.com, first of all they seem to have solved the thread problems that the Jr Gent still has (did 2 today that had bad threads out of my stock of 9) and they have a better selection of platings.. if you are looking for a real class plating check out the sterling silver Barons... really really nice...
As for the Gentleman, CSU is the only one who makes it...

Gary

It bewilders me why CSUSA won't fix this thread problem with the Jr. Gents. I too continue to encounter the problem with the kit. And, it's a problem that I've seen discussed here and on the penturners Yahoo Group for months. Maybe Niles will enlighten us.

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Dozuki, this is just my 2 cents, but instead of the Jr Gent I would look at the Baron sold by www.arizonasilhouette.com, first of all they seem to have solved the thread problems that the Jr Gent still has (did 2 today that had bad threads out of my stock of 9) and they have a better selection of platings.. if you are looking for a real class plating check out the sterling silver Barons... really really nice...
As for the Gentleman, CSU is the only one who makes it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom